Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoe help !

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaypeesmith View Post
    Thank you all for this topic! I bought some Dexter Pro-Ams last year (big mistake, BTW) and proceeded to wear them out quickly. I just bought some SST 8 Pro's and get to try them out this weekend. Glad to read that others are using them.
    I liked my SST8 SE's (white and gold) from a few years ago, but they just wore out too quick for me to justify paying another $200 for lol. I loved my TPU's until Brunswick stopped making them (yes, I know the Pyramid's are similar). So I went with the Team Brunswicks thinking they were going to be just as comfortable as the TPU's, which they are comfortable, but not near as comfortable as the TPU's.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Thanks everyone for the help! I just ordered a pair of the Brunswick TPU x i found im guessing old stock for 89.99. Couldnt pass that up as it comes with all the extra soles and heels.

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by floridanative772 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help! I just ordered a pair of the Brunswick TPU x i found im guessing old stock for 89.99. Couldnt pass that up as it comes with all the extra soles and heels.
    You'll love em. Hands down the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I have high end shoes and I still put little pieces of Teflon on the bottom of the heel and sole. Just in certain places. There is one slide sole that you can use that is so slick you can't even walk. I tried it once and felt like I was moon walking. Do what ever you have to do to protect your knees and hips.
    This may be a stupid question but teflon? What kind of teflon? Are these those stick on bottoms or something you got at Home Depot? I've very puzzled. Since I have Classic Linds I never researched this kind of thing.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Pin Crusher

It is made by 'Master' shoe slide, Amazon has it. You don't have to use the whole thing you can trim it down and just add a little more as needed. It works for me but I know it isn't for everyone.

Ah okay, thank's for the reply. Very cool to know. Thanks bud
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    This may be a stupid question but teflon? What kind of teflon? Are these those stick on bottoms or something you got at Home Depot? I've very puzzled. Since I have Classic Linds I never researched this kind of thing.
    There are two products they are the Master Tru-Slide and Slide Glide.

The Master Tru-Slide is a Teflon pad that is applied to the sole.

The Master Slide Glide is the Nylon sheet that is cut to fit the sole and applied to it.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ah I see, yeah that wouldn't work on mine, they are what they are but thanks again for the info.
    Bowling Center Manager

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    There are two products they are the Master Tru-Slide and Slide Glide.

The Master Tru-Slide is a Teflon pad that is applied to the sole.

The Master Slide Glide is the Nylon sheet that is cut to fit the sole and applied to it.

You don't have to cover the whole bottom of your shoe. Just enough to get the slide you need. What part of you foot is causing you to stick. Maybe an egg shaped piece on the ball of your foot or a strip on the little tow side.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Ah I see, yeah that wouldn't work on mine, they are what they are but thanks again for the info.
    The true slide and slide glude would pretty much work on any shoe.

The caveat is you better be happy with it once you put it on, because if you rip it off. The sole is basically ruined, because it has glue all over it.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12