Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoe help !

Default Shoe help !

Hello all, I've been back to bowling this fall season after taking some years off after my old center shut down. I am 34 years old and started bowling as a youth. I have always used cheap shoes with the slide on both soles with a Teflon slide pad , like the Master Tru slide. I just could never get enough slide with the felt. My current shoes are as such , cheap 3g kicks with the slide pad. I'm looking at going to something with a push sole and possibly interchangable slide soles. My question is can I get as much slide from those soles as I get from the Teflon pad? Or should I just get some cheap shoes with a push off sole and put the Teflon pad on those? I was looking at the KR strikeforce raptors, they are fairly cheap for an interchangable sole shoe, but I could get new shoes for cheaper than that with a Teflon pad. Thanks for any help you all can give me in advance!

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I have high end shoes and I still put little pieces of Teflon on the bottom of the heel and sole. Just in certain places. There is one slide sole that you can use that is so slick you can't even walk. I tried it once and felt like I was moon walking. Do what ever you have to do to protect your knees and hips.

I've gone the Dexter route with interchangeable sole and heel on the slide shoe several years ago. The slickest sole in the box was S8 and that's what I continue to use at every house I've been in.
    I bought the S10 and was considering getting the S12 at one point just to test out, but the S10 was too slick for me. Even by going from their H5 heel and going to H7 was too slick as well.
    So I'm using S8 + H5 everywhere. My guess is that if you need lots of slide help Dexter's H7 + S10 or S12 would do you very well.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    I've gone the Dexter route with interchangeable sole and heel on the slide shoe several years ago. The slickest sole in the box was S8 and that's what I continue to use at every house I've been in.
    I bought the S10 and was considering getting the S12 at one point just to test out, but the S10 was too slick for me. Even by going from their H5 heel and going to H7 was too slick as well.
    So I'm using S8 + H5 everywhere. My guess is that if you need lots of slide help Dexter's H7 + S10 or S12 would do you very well.
    Good luck!
    Do you know if the Dexter soles work on other brands? I read that the new Pyramid HPX work with all soles

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by floridanative772 View Post
    Do you know if the Dexter soles work on other brands? I read that the new Pyramid HPX work with all soles
    Bowlingball.com: "The Pyramid HPX can be used with all major brands replacement soles and heels. "

yes the Dexter soles and heels will attach to the HPX, Though the sole shape might be slightly different depend on which ones you have. I have the TPU-X's which are the same shoe as the HPX and I used a old dexter sole for awhile. It attached ok but the shape was a little different but wasn't problem.

The Dexter heels will attach but lack the H bar lock system, but that isn't a problem.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Thanks Bowl1820! I've not had any experience with that...

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    Good luck!
    My SST8s came with S6, S8, S10 slide soles. Where I usually bowl the S8 sole works great, the S6 is okay. I bowled a few practice games once in New Britain, CT and the approach was too sticky for the S8, but the S10 was still way too slippery.
    John

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Something to note is there are two S-8 slide soles, The old one and the newer one. They don't slide the same.

The newer S-8 is the White Microfiber. This one used to be the S-6 and didn't slide as much as the old S-8.

The old S-8 was the Yellow Leather (Buckskin) and is between the new S-8 white microfiber sole and the S-10 gray felt sole.

The Yellow Leather (Buckskin) sole used to be the standard slide sole that came with shoes. But the shoe companies replaced it with the White microfiber slide sole, which doesn't slide as much.

You can get a replacement buckskin sole from Bowlingball.com (where I got mine) or Ebay you just got to cut it to shape

https://www.bowlingball.com/products...lide-sole.html[/quote]

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Bowlingball.com: "The Pyramid HPX can be used with all major brands replacement soles and heels. "

yes the Dexter soles and heels will attach to the HPX, Though the sole shape might be slightly different depend on which ones you have. I have the TPU-X's which are the same shoe as the HPX and I used a old dexter sole for awhile. It attached ok but the shape was a little different but wasn't problem.

The Dexter heels will attach but lack the H bar lock system, but that isn't a problem.
    Be careful with that...I made the mistake of ordering new Team Brunswick's after wearing through my TPU-X's. The TPU's and HPX have the heel lock system, where as the team brunswicks, nor dexters do. So, I now have a whole bag of heels that will not work with my Team Brunswick's (don't worry, they sent plenty). Just about every other shoe I've worn however, the soles may need a little trimming, but will work. Just be careful about the heels.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Thank you all for this topic! I bought some Dexter Pro-Ams last year (big mistake, BTW) and proceeded to wear them out quickly. I just bought some SST 8 Pro's and get to try them out this weekend. Glad to read that others are using them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast