Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't get over how quickly kids learn!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    I am looking forward to hearing about your Son's progression in the future.
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll be taking video soon and uploading it.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

A little progression to report. He killed it last night! He shot 5 games with me. 156, 166, 188, 172 and finally his all time high of 221! He started the last game with an open, 2 strikes, an open, 5 bagger!, and a spare and strike in the 10th. Would have loved to have seen that game without the opens. Wow, just wow is all I can say. I've seriously underestimated this kid. I figured it would have been a full year or two before he seen his first 200 let alone a game like that. I had to try pretty hard to keep ahead of him that game, luckily I did with a clean 234 but that's not by much. Had he not opened in the 1st he probably would have got me.

This is a tremendous amount of fun teaching him and watching him progress like this. I think I have to resign myself to the fact it won't be too much longer before he's gonna beat me. The good part is, when he does he will earn it. When he gets those bragging rights they will be well deserved and I will happily bow to it. If this keeps up when we get our membership cards he'll be getting his adult one when he meets the minimum age requirements. It would be sweet to have him as a doubles partner! I know I'm jumping the gun, he's still got much to learn but a proud dad can think ahead can't he?
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

Wow. Amazing. Without doing the math looks like about a 175-180 average. That is unreal for 4 months experience. Just wait till he gets the hang of this game...lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Wow. Amazing. Without doing the math looks like about a 175-180 average. That is unreal for 4 months experience. Just wait till he gets the hang of this game...lol
    I know right? You were spot on, it's 180 for the night. First thing he did when we got out to the truck was calculate it. LOL
    Bowling Center Manager

Ringer

wow, sounds like he is well on his way to becoming one heck of a bowler. tell him congrats for me please.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    wow, sounds like he is well on his way to becoming one heck of a bowler. tell him congrats for me please.
    Consider it done. I had to laugh at his sister after she heard. She said if he was as good of a bowler as he is with annoying her then he'd throw a 300 every game. Sad thing is she's right.
    Bowling Center Manager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12