Bowler Stats:
Rev Rate – 425
Ball Speed – 16.5 mph (down-lane)
PAP – 3 ½ over, ¾ up
Right-handed

Test Environment:
Fresh THS 42’

Review:
I compared my Venom Shock Pearl to none another than the original Venom Shock. The Venom Shock Pearl immediately displayed how much cleaner through the front part it is. On the fresh house shot, it is unbelievable how well it performs for me. With the low RG core inside wrapped with the Hexion cover, the ability it has to read into the friction early AND have a very controlled, angular reaction is unreal. The 1-2 combination with the original Venom Shock can go either way – if the VSP needs a little earlier motion, the Venom Shock can help blend it out. If the Venom Shock can’t quite make the corner at the breakpoint, the VSP will.

Controlled, angular motion

Dislikes:
None

Summary:
This Hexion Cover technology added with one of the most popular balls ever, there is nothing not to like about the Venom Shock Pearl. For some, especially the avid tournament player, a little additional surface will have unlimited uses for it. The performance that the VSP brings is going to be impactful for quite a while. The Venom Shock Pearl has earned a spot in my bag everywhere I go.

Darryl Carreon
MOTIV Staff Player | PBA Member