Thread: Bowling balls in the trash?

Chats: 0

Default Bowling balls in the trash?

That old Firebolt SO I had made me think of a question. I wonder how long bowling balls take to turn to dust in a landfill? I wonder which of all types take the longest?
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

good question, I was thinking though. you could use old balls for landscaping. there were a couple of ideas on Pinterest.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Ringer

something like this.

https://imgur.com/acd6GX8
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Chats: 2

I donate all of my old or cracked bowling balls to a girl here with special needs that paints them and turns them into lawn decorations, home art, stuff like that. It's pretty cool actually.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    I donate all of my old or cracked bowling balls to a girl here with special needs that paints them and turns them into lawn decorations, home art, stuff like that. It's pretty cool actually.
    I read an article about doing something like this. I'd be afraid that some brat would chuck it through my window. Still, I have at least 4 balls (a couple that my in-laws used in the 80's) sitting in my garage. I'd love to find some way I could get rid of them.

The bowling alley has sliced several in half with a band saw and use them as wall art scattered around the place. Could always slice them like that and put them in the parking lot as speed bumps or parking medians. LOL At least they aren't as high so I wouldn't see people ripping their bumpers off their cars on them like the regular ones.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    That old Firebolt SO I had made me think of a question. I wonder how long bowling balls take to turn to dust in a landfill? I wonder which of all types take the longest?
    A1: Years, have put one in a hole for fill, still not dust

A2:Unknown
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.