Bowler Stats:
Rev Rate – 425
Ball Speed – 16.5 mph (down-lane)
PAP – 3 ½ over, ¾ up
Right-handed

Test Environment:
Fresh 42’ THS

Review:
I compared the new Villain to my Trident Quest and Forza SS. My idea behind the drilling was to hopefully replicate a similar reaction with my Forza SS but to have a little more maneuverability with it, i.e. a slightly earlier roll, or alter the surface and polish it to create a little quicker response downlane with the asymmetric core. What caught my attention was how well the Villain was able to store energy with its box surface. The backend shape was so clean that it works very well early and can be a set-up to my Trident Quest for when the Villain is losing energy in the midlane.

Versatile Coverstock

Dislikes:
None

Summary:
The new Villain is going to hurt some people’s feelings, as in the person not throwing it. The potential is already there for what this ball can do. It was a little reminiscent for me of the original Covert Revolt, but a little bit more. The Villain’s coverstock screams versatility – after playing around with it (polished, sanded, box surface), the performance it packs is highly impressive. Dollar-for-dollar, this is definitely the best value any bowler can get on any bowling ball.

Darryl Carreon
MOTIV Staff / PBA Member