Thread: How often do companies come out with new balls?

Chats: 0

Default How often do companies come out with new balls?

I just got my Rip'd as I posted and I found out another new one is either coming or is out already. I guess it's red. The one I got was just released a couple months ago. Are new models always this fast paced these days? Reminds me how when you'd buy a computer and it was outdated by the time you got it out of the box for a while.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 256

Yep, they come out pretty fast and furious these days. They try to capitalize on league season and tournament season. I wouldn't expect many new releases until BowlExpo which I think is in June.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Yep, they come out pretty fast and furious these days. They try to capitalize on league season and tournament season. I wouldn't expect many new releases until BowlExpo which I think is in June.
    What is the BowlExpo and where is it held?
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    What is the BowlExpo and where is it held?
    Here is some info on it: http://bpaa.com/bowlexpo

It is in Las Vegas this year.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Here is some info on it: http://bpaa.com/bowlexpo

It is in Las Vegas this year.
    this looks like it would be right up your ALLEY Phonetek. plus it is closer to my neck of the woods.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    this looks like it would be right up your ALLEY Phonetek. plus it is closer to my neck of the woods.
    Badum bum. Come on now, the politically correct term now is "bowling CENTER". LOL

I don't know if Vegas would be quite in my plans this go around. I'd have to plan ahead a little more than 2 months for a trip across country. Phonetek don't fly. Wifey and I are going to Vegas next year though in Oct for our 20yr wedding anniversary.
    Bowling Center Manager

Chats: 2

Most of your bigger companies release 1-3 balls a quarter. I think the Rip'd you're talking about Phonetek is the Rip'd solid (blue/black/orange). If you ever want a heads up on new released by company, just check out the USBC approved list. Some will be overseas balls, but you'll get an idea. https://www.bowl.com/approvedballlist/
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    Most of your bigger companies release 1-3 balls a quarter. I think the Rip'd you're talking about Phonetek is the Rip'd solid (blue/black/orange). If you ever want a heads up on new released by company, just check out the USBC approved list. Some will be overseas balls, but you'll get an idea. https://www.bowl.com/approvedballlist/
    The solid came out I believe at the same time as the other one. I dunno, the person who told me about some other Rip'd that was supposedly mainly red is the guy who orders balls at our center. I didn't personally see the ball he was talking about I just know I was shocked when he told me about it. My guess it's either one that's "Coming Soon" or he was looking at the wrong thing all together. I wouldn't dismiss either scenario. All I know is he could only get it at double the price he got mine for. I guess time will tell if a mainly red Rip'd comes out as the next one in the lineup or not.

BTW: That approved list is pretty cool, thanks for sharing that Chip.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 04-16-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    Bowling Center Manager

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    The solid came out I believe at the same time as the other one. I dunno, the person who told me about some other Rip'd that was supposedly mainly red is the guy who orders balls at our center. I didn't personally see the ball he was talking about I just know I was shocked when he told me about it. My guess it's either one that's "Coming Soon" or he was looking at the wrong thing all together. I wouldn't dismiss either scenario. All I know is he could only get it at double the price he got mine for. I guess time will tell if a mainly red Rip'd comes out as the next one in the lineup or not.

BTW: That approved list is pretty cool, thanks for sharing that Chip.
    Currently, the only primarily red balls out there are: Radical Katana Slash (GREAT BALL BTW!) and Columbia 300 Lit Pearl. He may have been talking about the Slash.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

I have no idea what he was talking about then LOL Thank Chip. =)
    Bowling Center Manager