Thread: The Masters

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default The Masters

Great show. No two handers, no foreigners and only one lefty. Looked like old style not modern no lifting except Anderson.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Great show. No two handers, no foreigners and only one lefty. Looked like old style not modern no lifting except Anderson.
    Back in the eighties, the commentators were always talking about getting enough “lift” on the ball. The modern style may require lofting after the guys with massive rev rates throwing very agressive balls have stripped the heads of oil, but it does not require lift.

By the way, who won?
    John

Ringer

gonna start watching it today at lunch.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    No two handers, no foreigners and only one lefty.
    They are all bowlers no? Why single out the 3 categories?

Was a great show. Was pulling for Kloempken.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 04-16-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Pin Crusher

I am not a fan of short people either. Duke is ok and my wife too.

Chats: 2

Had 2 guys I bowl a few tourneys with in the finals in Alex Hoskins and Steve Kloempkin. Both are EXCEPTIONAL bowlers, and both know the ins and outs of their equipment like the back of their hand. They know how to get their equipment to do exactly what they need them to do. Not knocking anyone else on the show, especially Andrew Anderson (kid throws a hell of a ball). But Rhino didn't stand a chance being the 5 seed on fresh. He needed the oil to break down more than it did to give him a look. As for Joey Pants...can't stand the dude in the first place (prolly cuz I'm a 2-hander), but he had a chance to seal the deal and let Kloempkin slide out. As for fordman1 here...I think someone may be a little racist. Why does having a 2 hander, let alone a FOREIGNER, have anything to do with bowling?
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    Why does having a 2 hander, let alone a FOREIGNER, have anything to do with bowling?
    It didn't, it's just bait to see how many nibble on it.

So I'll cut the line.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-16-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker