Thread: Sad to see the leagues end

Chats: 0

Default Sad to see the leagues end

I've gotten to know a lot of these people on many of our leagues. They are all winding down now. Today was the last day of the "Have a ball" league which was a doubles league kids accepted where they all get a free ball. I look forward to seeing some of these people every week and they always seem happy to see me and tip well. I know the majority will be back though.

So now that summer is almost here I guess bring on the obnoxious teens, 40 yr old adolescents and families. We have only a couple small summer leagues so far. I'll still have my Sunday morning regulars though who are year round so I guess there's that. Plus 95% of the men's Thursday night league are still coming a few more weeks as a group to open bowl. Only because they aren't ready to tell their wives the league is over yet and they still want their night out with the guys. LOL It's a blast to work that league, a lot of real characters that create a great atmosphere. It's gonna be a long summer.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Why are there no sanctioned leagues in the summer? Tradition?

My local alley is practically shuttered for the season - only open 3 days a week until the fall.

We have no sanctioned leagues at all any time of year at our house. There is no interest in it for some reason. I don't get it myself.

We're still open 7 days a week all summer from 9am to midnight and 1am on weekends.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

SandBagger

No air conditioning over here probably has something to do with no leagues in the summer.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Our lanes are about 30ft under ground basically in the basement so it stays pretty cool but we have fans, air cond & an air circulation system. The temp stays pretty comfy warm or cold outside. I haven't been there in the heat of the summer thus far but I don't expect it to change much.
    Bowling Center Manager

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Our lanes are about 30ft under ground basically in the basement so it stays pretty cool but we have fans, air cond & an air circulation system. The temp stays pretty comfy warm or cold outside. I haven't been there in the heat of the summer thus far but I don't expect it to change much.
    Our center is in the basement too we used to have 16 lanes upstairs and
    8 lanes downstairs but they closed down the upstairs and they turned the
    upstairs into office spaces and added 6 lanes in the basement and now we
    only have 14 lanes.

It doesn't stay all that cool downstairs it gets pretty warm in there in the
    summer time when everyone is in there bowling but it does feel good in
    the winter time though.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill