Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news from the doctor today

Chats: 221

Default Good news from the doctor today

I saw the surgeon this afternoon and he was very pleased with the progress on my leg. He gave me a prescription for the prosthetic. Went over and made an appt. to start the process. It's on my birthday May 7th
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 0

That's great to hear Storm, I hope all goes well and you get back out there soon. Hey May 7th is my oldest sons birthday too! I'll be sure to wish you both when it gets here. Mine is May 2nd so I guess once again the planet Earth successfully traversed another lap around the sun. Isn't it just the little planet that could. As you can see I could care less about my own birthday, other people's are better. LOL I would care if they'd quit pilling up so much but they never stop! Glad your doing well!
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

My grandson's is May 1st. The only reason I look forward to my birthday is I gt to pick here we go to dinner that night

High Roller

Entered a post earlier but it didn't show up...

Anyway, great news!
    And my son's b-day is May 4th
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Apparently September is a popular month for doing the deed given all the birthdays in May. Maybe I should be looking more forward to September rather than my birthday? My birthday is usually pretty much set aside due to my son's. I get to pick what I want for dinner and not have to cook it or if we have the money possibly go out and eat. Otherwise it just gets acknowledged and that's about it. We focus more on my son's then Mother's Day then wifey's b-day on the 22nd. I don't think I got a birthday gift in over 10yrs LOL I don't care though, if I want something I'll just save for it and get it myself. Pretty much the same thing for Christmas. Focus on the kids, wife and I rarely exchange unless it's something small.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

that is good news indeed.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Apparently September is a popular month for doing the deed given all the birthdays in May. Maybe I should be looking more forward to September rather than my birthday? My birthday is usually pretty much set aside due to my son's. I get to pick what I want for dinner and not have to cook it or if we have the money possibly go out and eat. Otherwise it just gets acknowledged and that's about it. We focus more on my son's then Mother's Day then wifey's b-day on the 22nd. I don't think I got a birthday gift in over 10yrs LOL I don't care though, if I want something I'll just save for it and get it myself. Pretty much the same thing for Christmas. Focus on the kids, wife and I rarely exchange unless it's something small.
    that is pretty funny, did you use that on your stand up routine?
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    that is pretty funny, did you use that on your stand up routine?
    LOL No not this time. No birthday jokes. To be honest, it was spur of the moment so I can't remember most of it but I can say that at least that much of it wasn't what would be considered "forum friendly". Bowl would likely drop the "Ban Hammer" on me if I repeated it. If you're really that interested I can see if wifey recorded me, I didn't notice. If she did I can upload it and send you a link in PM.
    Bowling Center Manager

Pin Crusher

Storm will you be able to bowl without loosing anything?

May 3rd 1946 in St. Joseph hosp. Nashville Tn.

I don't know. First I need to learn how to walk with the prosthesis before I an even think about getting back to bowling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast