Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new usbc specs

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Hmmmm. won't affect me as I don't wipe my ball at all during games (I know.....), I have never had a balance hole and use all 3 holes.

My PSO told me when he drilled my BWG he mentioned either 3.5oz side weight or 3/4 oz. Don't remember now because I had no idea what he was talking about anyway...lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

While certified leagues are indeed disappearing at an alarming rate, there is only one reason that many bowlers choose to vote for certification and pay for membership... fear, "OMG, what if I shoot 300 and there's no-one to give me a ring?" Most every year the USBC raises dues and cuts back on awards. How many key chains can any individual use in a lifetime?

Chats: 4

I really have no problems with the new rules at all because I
    believe it will make for a more level playing field but that is
    just my opinion. I will probably be getting too old and broken
    down to even be bowling anyway by then the way I'm going
    down hill. LOL!!!!!

I think to really make for a level playing field and to bring out
    a bowlers real talent all balls should be required to be drilled
    on a straight up label lay out with no exotic layouts and weight
    holes to help make a ball do something special.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

New rules ok with me.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    While certified leagues are indeed disappearing at an alarming rate, there is only one reason that many bowlers choose to vote for certification and pay for membership... fear, "OMG, what if I shoot 300 and there's no-one to give me a ring?" Most every year the USBC raises dues and cuts back on awards. How many key chains can any individual use in a lifetime?
    Where else does the USBC get their funding from besides membership? If that's all they get is just membership fees to work with then the decline of membership is likely why it goes up. The over abundance of honor scores due to modern equipment could outweigh the funding they have causing them to have to cut back. That's just a guess and one of many possible reasons. Someone should pose the question to them on why they are doing these things and see what they say.

That fear and honor scores isn't why I prefer certification vs. non. I prefer it because the rules mean something when it's certified. They can be enforced and help keep things fair to promote some competition. To me, when the rules are being paid attention to it feels more like a sport rather than a night out with the boys. Non-certified feels more like open bowling but with teams and bowling shirts. They don't even use foul lights for the non-certified leagues where I work. Heck, nobody in the place even knows how to turn them on or if they work or not. including our head mechanic which really shocked me. LOL Worse yet, nobody cares.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I would like to be in one so that I can have an average on the books and so others can go pro. the local chapter hasn't updated the sanctioned league list since 2015. basically told me to go to each alley and put up a flyer asking to join one. thanks for the help guys haha

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    I would like to be in one so that I can have an average on the books and so others can go pro. the local chapter hasn't updated the sanctioned league list since 2015. basically told me to go to each alley and put up a flyer asking to join one. thanks for the help guys haha
    Put up a flyer? Jeez.. If they have a bulletin board sure why not.

But Most houses have a sign up sheet or book for leagues, since most leagues are ending about now. You would be looking at summer leagues, just go in and ask. See what they have available on nights you can bowl, if not noted ask if they are certified.

Some houses also post lists of teams needing players and/or players looking for teams.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    Well if you want to drive an hour every Tuesday night you can probably find an opening in our league. Our summer league starts next Tuesday. I think it starts at 8:00PM. 4 game sets. 2 bowlers per team (4 per pair) so you get done pretty quick. This will be my first year in it so don't know much about it or if it is even sanctioned. I know you can have 3 man teams and rotate bowlers. Next week my 2 teammates will be away so we have a 4th guy filling in. Then the following week I will probably sit out and those 2 will bowl, etc, etc. I know one of my teammates said he had a friend wanting to get in and was looking for a partner. Let me know and I will see if I can get you hooked up.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

The new rules from a PSO point of view. Talked to mine today and he's hopping mad about the new rules. He said he's going to lose a ton of business and money due to having to plug the holes because he's going to have to do many for free or risk losing the customers. I told him that he didn't make the rule so he shouldn't lose business because of it but I guess some people wouldn't share in that thought. He said the USBC tried this rule in the past but the ball manufacturers put a stop to it. He said he's ready to boycott the USBC because of it. He also feels that it will give a greater advantage to two handers but I really didn't understand his reasoning on it. Lastly, the less oil absorption cover stocks he feels will just result in the centers putting down less oil to compensate so people who need the aggressive balls will still be able to hook it so it won't result in preserving the shot. A different take on the situation so I figured I'd include it in this post.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Put up a flyer? Jeez.. If they have a bulletin board sure why not.

But Most houses have a sign up sheet or book for leagues, since most leagues are ending about now. You would be looking at summer leagues, just go in and ask. See what they have available on nights you can bowl, if not noted ask if they are certified.

Some houses also post lists of teams needing players and/or players looking for teams.
    http://www.gpusbcba.com/sitebuilderc...rs_rotated.pdf

It’s incredible how few leagues are sanctioned around here considering I sometimes have to drive an hour just to find open bowling.

With regards to the new rules, I wonder how they will test oil absorption.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast