Thread: Need to make a DECISION

Chats: 36

Default Need to make a DECISION

Hello all. it has been a looong time since I have posted to BowlingBoards as I have been out of action for some time because of physical issues like spinal fractures and a total right knee replacement. BUT NOW I AM BACK IN ACTION and I want to get a new ball. I am torn between the Storm Code Red and the Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused.

What are your opinions on these two pieces of equipment??

Glad to be back,

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Between your back issues and your knee replacement, I believe that both of these balls are way to aggressive for your return to the sport. Try and entry level ball first. It will be a lot cheaper and you can always use it as a dry lane ball should it not be strong enough. If either of the other two are two aggressive, they will be relegated to the garage with no future for you at all.

Chats: 0

Welcome back! Anything Roto Grip with Cell in the name is awesome. Go with the Nucleus core!
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Hiya Rob. Thank you for the reply. I have been back to bowling in leagues now for three weeks and have been trowing a Storm Lock most of the time. I have it drilled 65x4.75x65 and though the ball is aggressive I can handle it well. Yes my velocity is down a bit. Would you consider the Hyper Cell Fused and Code Red to be that much more aggressive than the Lock?

Thank you for your input...Jay
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    Welcome back! Anything Roto Grip with Cell in the name is awesome. Go with the Nucleus core!
    Thanks man...

Welcome back to the sport. No ball suggestions but I hope whatever you get works out well for you. Good luck!
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by The German Shepherd View Post
    Hiya Rob. Thank you for the reply. I have been back to bowling in leagues now for three weeks and have been trowing a Storm Lock most of the time. I have it drilled 65x4.75x65 and though the ball is aggressive I can handle it well. Yes my velocity is down a bit. Would you consider the Hyper Cell Fused and Code Red to be that much more aggressive than the Lock?

Thank you for your input...Jay
    Probably not compared to a Lock. If your looking for something closer to the lock of the two the Code Red is probably closer but both will be somewhat less than the lock but that's not really a bad thing.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Welcome back! G.S.

You can't really go wrong with either one, Both would be a little less than the lock though.(Note: I don't have either one) But I think I would go with the H.C.Fused. (besides you have the Code Black and other than the coverstock they are the same ball)

While the Code Red is closer in RG (C.R. 2.50 vs H.C.F 2.52) to the Locks (2.48), The H.C.Fused is closer in both Diff. & Int.Diff (.056 / .018) to the Locks (.054 / .018) than the Code Red (.058 / .020)

That coupled with surface changes might would give you a wider range to play with. (The O.O.B. on the Lock was 3000 with the H.C.Fused at 1500)

IMO Polished You'd be able to go longer with the H.C.F. than the Code Red at the same surface if you wanted or get real close to the Lock if you dulled it more like the Lock.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-26-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Welcome back! G.S.

You can't really go wrong with either one, Both would be a little less than the lock though.(Note: I don't have either one) But I think I would go with the H.C.Fused. (besides you have the Code Black and other than the coverstock they are the same ball)

While the Code Red is closer in RG (C.R. 2.50 vs H.C.F 2.52) to the Locks (2.48), The H.C.Fused is closer in both Diff. & Int.Diff (.056 / .018) to the Locks (.054 / .018) than the Code Red (.058 / .020)

That coupled with surface changes might would give you a wider range to play with. (The O.O.B. on the Lock was 3000 with the H.C.Fused at 1500)

IMO Polished You'd be able to go longer with the H.C.F. than the Code Red at the same surface if you wanted or get real close to the Lock if you dulled it more like the Lock.
    What he said! LOL

Welcome back! You can't go wrong with either one. I've seen more people throwing the Hyper Cell Fused and having a lot of sucess.