Thread: VSP is Amazing

Default VSP is Amazing

VSP

With great anticipation I had been waiting for this ball to hit the market. The question to be was how is this ball going to stack up against the OG Shock? Was I going to drill this ball the same as the OG? Do I use another lay out? There were so many questions running through my head with this nugget. Ultimatly I chose to use the same lay out as my OG Shock. Keep in Mind the Shock I have in my bag is the first shock I drilled 4 years ago when that ball came out. I have never drilled another, I have one under lock and key in case I need it.

The VSP was laid out using 55 X 4.5 X 60, this puts the pin just below my bridge and kicks the CG about 1/2" from my center line. This is my favorite pin down lay out. This layout allows the ball to clear the fronts well, read the midlane where I like to see shape and have great continuation. With my "trick" roll I have a tendency to see the midlane a little more than most, my PAP is 4.375 over and .5 up. My tilt is very limited in my A release, I almost never use strong pin placements as the balls tend to puke off the back then.

What does the VSP do for me? The VSP is as advertised. Clean through the fronts and reads the midlane well for a pearl ball. I am not one to change covers on pearl balls, I like to see what a ball does on a variety of conditions with the stock cover on pearls. The last few releases from Motiv, for me are too clean through out the lane as a whole. Then when they encounter friction they have been to violent off the spot. The cover on the VSP, does not seem to have these issues. The VSP sees the lane with ease, not over reading the friction and allows the ball to mellow the spot down lane. This ball to me hearkens back to the older reaction, allows me to keep the ball in the wax a little longer and open up the angles with out over seeing the dry. To me this cover reminds me of the OG Paranoia cover, clean, predictable and strong.

All in all the Strong pearl cover with a dual density core allows this ball to really dig in mid lane and still open up the angles this ball is a Must for tournament and league players.
    Thank you

C Mohr
    Motiv Staff

Chats: 221

Nice to see a review from a staffer that is not a but and paste review. Very nicely done sir!
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)