Thread: League Champs!

Chats: 0

Default League Champs!

Last night my team became the Champions of our Thursday night mixed league! It was so close! Going into the evening we were in first by two points. We only wound up winning one last night, tying us with the 2nd place team. We had to have a one game roll off to determine the champ. We started off crushing them, in the first five frames, getting up by around 50+ pins. Then we faltered a bit and they got hot. They wound up making up the deficit, and it came down to the anchors...

Our guy's first ball drew a nine count.
    Their guy got up and threw the first strike.
    Our guy picked up the spare, leaving us +3.
    Their guy throw ball 2 and leaves the baby split, putting us at -5.
    Our guy gets up and throws a 7 count, leaving us +2.
    Their guy shoots at the spit and knocks out the 10, leaving the 3 pin!

We win by 1 freaking pin!!! Super exciting!

I'm really proud of our team, since we started off so horribly this year. We were pretty much at the bottom of a 24 team league going into November, but we turned it around and came out on top. I'm looking forward to returning next year to defend the crown!
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Congrats, its always nice to get a win. Sounds like it was a dramatic ending.

Chats: 221

Congrats on the win
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

The dramatic wins are what I live for. Even though you weren't the anchor it's still exciting. I always loved being anchor and having it come down to me, not only in the final round just in general. Nothing like coming through for the team. I always loved that feeling! Especially when you literally have to strike out to pull it off, it's the best feeling in the world. I love bowling under pressure and more times than not I'm able to do it.

It's also great fun getting your team psyched up to finish strong that last frame. When everyone does their best to pull off a win and succeed it reminds everyone why they came. It's indescribable. Congrats bud, it's awesome you pulled it off! I'm sure it did a lot to pump up your self confidence.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

wow, sounds very exciting. glad to hear your team came out on top.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Chats: 256

Cool!

Our league last night had 3 teams that tied for 1st place. They had a 1 game roll off. My team wasn't in it sadly.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Thanks guys! Tonight we collect our winnings and roll in a 9-pin no-tap tourny. A fun little capper on the season.

Funny thing, I will probably make more money on my Wednesday league, where my team finished dead last, than this league. LOL
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural