Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ARG Stuck in a slump

Chats: 3

if it's not hooking the same...your wrist might not be positioned the same as the last ball, also your fingers might be coming out of the ball differently and you're not getting the same amount of lift.

After watching your video, I pointed out to you that on one ball, it looked like you didn't follow through.
    The follow through is so important because that's where your lift comes from, thus giving you more hook.
    Like MH said, muscle memory is important....there are so many factors that go into a good approach and release, sometimes it's hard to remember every last little detail you have to go through to get a consistent hook.
    The more you practice, the more you'll notice that you'll start doing all of these little things without even thinking.
    Just keep practicing and sit back and enjoy the results
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

I wonder if the hooking issues aren't related to ball speed. Is that relatively consistent too?

I would also try to button down your accuracy. 2-3 boards at my center is a "big miss" I normally have one board either way or I'm in trouble, either no hook or too much hook...

The etiquette thing is somthing most of us deal with on a weekly basis...I just figure out who really doesn't have it, then make sure I either wait for them to be done, or I go up there and just let them go first no matter what...
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

Chats: 3

Quote Originally Posted by MH1313 View Post
    I wonder if the hooking issues aren't related to ball speed. Is that relatively consistent too?
    true, ball speed is definitely another variable to consider
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Yeah my ball speed is pretty consistent in 13-14mph range. I don't throw it all that hard because my lack of revs
    High game:
    246 done on 2/12/09
    Current Average:

Chats: 0

if your speed is consistent, then I'm gonna have to agree with Jord, it has to be a follow through/hand position issue.

take your time you'll get it!
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

So I took two weeks off from bowling... Partly because of Guitar Hero Metallica Anyway, I opened with a 152. Not bad, but then went 184,193,189, and 204. I'd say at least for tonight, I am out of my slump. It just felt good. I'm sure next time I go I will be bowling 140 again lol.
    High game:
    246 done on 2/12/09
    Current Average:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234