Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your perfect bowling center?

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    Naples, dude.

It’s ranked up there with Beverly Hills.
    Unless this fire retardant lumber for lanes is something that's already available and mainstream then it could make sense. If it's something that's never been done before then you have to worry about unpredictability. Is it going to cause compatibility issues with the oil? Is it going to change the game in an unexpected way? Will it cost more to maintain in the long run? You'd have to pay to do studies to find these things out. That extra cost would change the business plan and delay profitability of the original prospectus. Same with the additional cost of the "custom" lanes themselves. Although it's a blank check, certain things you just can't do. Blank check doesn't mean **** away. For example even in Beverly Hills getting nothing but high end reactive balls for house balls and custom Linds bowling rental shoes. Yeah that would be cool but likely make the investors scrap the project because you're being an idiot.

In my opinion if we were to go with wood lanes, the smarter thing would be to spend the money on a high tech top notch fire suppression system. One that isn't going to do more damage to the lanes than fire. Dumping large amounts of water on the lanes you will lose them for sure. Spending money on a waterless system would be more justifiable and cost less than the wood. That also would help with insurance costs probably more than the fire retardant wood.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Like I said they have warehouses full of parts and cataloged.
    If the mechanics are fully capable of keeping everything up and running reliably and plenty of parts then definitely yes on keeping them. Bowlers could give a crap what pinsetters they use as long as they don't break down. The new software with an animated Ryno trampling the pins on a strike isn't going to be enough to keep bowlers happy if the lanes die every other frame.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Pin Crusher

All serious leagues require that the cartoons be turned off. It adds 10-15 minutes to league time and no one wants to see it. It is for people who don't pay attention any way.

I honestly love my local alley. They have great leagues and a great program for kids during the week.
    Lanes are always maintained. They even just now are redoing all their lanes. They have a small gaming area and a nice bar and restaurant.
    Love it there

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    All serious leagues require that the cartoons be turned off. It adds 10-15 minutes to league time and no one wants to see it. It is for people who don't pay attention any way.
    Agreed! I hate those animations. Even kids lose interest in them after a few times. They can be turned off, thank god. Between that and the "How to pick up this spare" guide drive me crazy. It's bad enough a machine keeps score for me, now I have to see that bunk?
    Bowling Center Manager

Pin Crusher

Just stopped by the alley and found out that they have enough parts for 40 machines. They are Brunswick.
    The new scorers are Brunswick Sync. That going with the new Anvil lanes replaced a few years ago. Any and all profit goes into up grades every year.

Bowler

Also a retrogame room with one pinball table, these new crane games really are dumb..a nursery, and mini bowling lanes.. my 3 yr old loves them. Cushioned seats.. a well balanced air conditioning system. So glad we don't have the circle ball return anymore that would stick out on the lane

..the itrc is niiice.. I thought wow...bowling school! And it is all so new and clean..

Omg a nursery/play room would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    Omg a nursery/play room would be awesome.
    I remember the place my mom first worked at where I ended up bowling kids league at used the banquet room as a play room. They had those big plastic cubes people have for outdoor play sets in there. They had an adult or adults supervising, we played games and stuff. The parachute game and duck duck goose and some other things. Wow I forgot all about that. Where I work, the party room isn't near as big as that one was. Then again that was a much larger center than ours in a stand alone building. Ours is a downstairs bowling alley, hotel, movie theater right above us, pizza restaurant and I think there is a dentist and barber in there too.
    Bowling Center Manager

I'm still trying to come up with a good design for seating for 6 behind each lane not per pair and it's not as easy as you would think. 5 isn't so bad but that 6th seat is tough. I mean 6 comfortable, not stupid plastic type McDonalds type crappy chairs either. Even worse is the flip up plastic ones. If they do flip up I'm thinking movie theater style seats, cloth not plastic and they'd lean back some. Would that be cheezy? However, there is only so much room behind each lane in the settee area to work with. Especially having to consider that people come in with 6 ball bags now a days.
    Bowling Center Manager

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast