Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your perfect bowling center?

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Phoneteck are you a vampire? When do you sleep? It is a bowling alley not a movie theater. Just make sure there is some place to sit your beer.

There’s a nice one near cedar point that has a pair of booths facing each other behind each pair. That can accommodate 6.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Phoneteck are you a vampire? When do you sleep? It is a bowling alley not a movie theater. Just make sure there is some place to sit your beer.
    LMAO, I am all over the map with time. I open, I close, work afternoons or whatever. I generally get 4-6 hrs of sleep a day give or take. Yesterday I went in work to start at 3pm and got home at 2 am. I can't just come home and jump into bed, I need to wind down first. I went to bed around 4, fell asleep somewhere near 5 before it started getting light. I got up at 9:30 today. Having my coffee and gonna get ready for work soon as I finish this post to be there by noon. Probably work until 9. I'm thinking of bowling a few when I get off. Then I'm off Sunday but I gotta be there at 9:30 to bowl with the Sunday regs.

That's why they love me there, they know I'll work any day any time. Killed it last night, first night for 2 leagues fully booked house all lanes. Just me and a pinchaser and all went smooth. The highlight of the night was closing the register to find it was $-0 $+0 meaning it was correct to the penny. That doesn't happen often. It's ALWAYS off + or -. Since the morning guy only had 2 customers I guess he got them right. So I came on a high from that alone. I'm probably the only person who closes a register and ends with a fist pump and a YEEEAAH BABY!
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

My one issue that I wish bowling centers could fix is the clutter during league bowling. In my 4 man league we've got bowling balls everywhere. It seems as though everyone feels the need to get out their entire arsenal of balls. The ball return is completely packed and every cup holder around has a ball in it. I went by one lane and counted 34 balls out for the 8 guys bowling that pair of lanes. Then you get to the bags up on the main concourse where you can't take two steps without stepping over someones stuff. Cause of course one guy needs two 4 ball rollers for league and leaves them sitting in the middle of the isle and if he can do it why not everybody else. It's just a cluttered nightmare with very little consideration for anyone else. This only happens in the "masters" league, the other leagues that bowl around us aren't nearly as bad. I see people tip toeing and high stepping around us and I get embarrassed to be associated with this league. I've brought it up internally but there's no real motivation to do anything about it. The prevailing attitude seems to be, "I bowl here 3 times a week and they need my business so I can do as I please" instead of "This is my bowling center and I like it here and want it to succeed so what can I do to make it better".

I thought if maybe the center could enforce a required locker policy for the "elite" leagues. Or if there was a designated area for league bowlers to put their stuff. Or even if the staff at the center showed more interest in the league they might feel valued and change their attitudes a little. I feel like most of the bad behavior in this league needs to be addressed by the league however if I could design a bowling center I might look to see if there was a way I could head it off at the pass.I don't know if anyone else sees this in varying degrees or not.

It might just be one rude league.

All of that stuff should be in the settee area, not the concourse. I’d enforce a rule for it.

You can always call it a fire hazard, if you need to.

My perfect bowling center would have 35 lanes where leagues could bowl on the old 40ft Christmas tree oil pattern put down by a kegel lane machine. There would be another 35 lanes for nothing but open bowling bowling on typical open bowling type oil pattern that favor's house balls. There would be another 35 lanes for PBA experience & tournament conditions where everyone bowls scratch for decent big money pots!!!!!

There would be full service bar for all drinks alcohol and non-alcohol.

There would be a MacDonalds burger franchise in the place for food options..etc

The maintenance of the place would be top notch, very clean and well taken care of.

Oh I really like the idea of having “challenge lanes”...

Quote Originally Posted by TTREX View Post
    My perfect bowling center would have 35 lanes where leagues could bowl on the old 40ft Christmas tree oil pattern put down by a kegel lane machine. There would be another 35 lanes for nothing but open bowling bowling on typical open bowling type oil pattern that favor's house balls. There would be another 35 lanes for PBA experience & tournament conditions where everyone bowls scratch for decent big money pots!!!!!

There would be full service bar for all drinks alcohol and non-alcohol.

There would be a MacDonalds burger franchise in the place for food options..etc

The maintenance of the place would be top notch, very clean and well taken care of.
    Wouldn't you rather have 36 lanes of each?
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

Quote: Wouldn't you rather have 36 lanes of each?

That makes more sense, but if i had unlimited funds it would be 40 lanes each

Our center has been divided up so that there is a section where there is only one lane instead of a pair at one end, it makes no sense, but it has my thinking messed up. I have no idea why they did that, house use to be 48 lanes now its only 25 with one lane being by its self against a wall....lol

It is a center redesigned for open bowling, they care more about open bowling, company parties and birthday parties, so i guess they did not care about removing that lane where the bar ended up.

I would have never ever done that!! I would have left it 48 lanes, and then built on to the end of the building to add the bar and lazer tag, but they chose to remove lanes to add the food bar, and removed the lounge to put in lazer tag....lol

It's a family fun center ya know...lmao
    Last edited by TTREX; 11-01-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Pin Crusher

How would you ever make any money with 36 lanes using the sports patterns? A good design is 60 lanes with 10 set aside for parties. It would be next to impossible to have enough scratch bowlers to fill that many lanes. Here in Metro Detroit the largest assn. in the USBC they can't get 150 bowlers to bowl in the open tournament. Too many really good bowlers and it cost too much for the payout. They have a few travel leagues and monthly tournaments but not much interest. Keep your Micky D's.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast