Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a Final Ball for the Arsenal

Chats: 0

Cool Need a Final Ball for the Arsenal

So, currently I have a Columbia 300 Scout and a Hammer Black Widow Venom. The Scout still performs great on drier lanes after 3 years of being a work horse, but my go to is the Venom. The only problem I run into is that with my particular technique my rev rates aren't high enough to crank the venom through long oil patterns and into the pocket. Because of how long the ball is, in heavy oil I usually have problems with hitting too low and leaving corner pins. What I need is a smooth arcing ball that hits with considerable force. The ball I'm looking very seriously into right now is the Virtual Gravity, I've also looked into the twisted fury solid, but the VG is the front runner. Any other balls I should consider?

I have a Lane #1 Buzzbomb/r and that thing snaps hard in the backend, esp in heavy conditions.
    High game:
    246 done on 2/12/09
    Current Average:

You might want to try Storm Virtual Gravity.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

The Virtual Gravity is a sick ball from what I hear, but I am going to have to include the Cell. It is just so versatile and overall is a fantastic ball.
    Glenn Cox
    Style: Cranker
    Average: 215, High Game: 300 (2), High Series: 772
    Arsenal: Cell (2), Black Widow Bite, No Mercy Beat'n, Cherry Vibe, Anger, Link, Black Widow Solid

Show Your Bowling Love By Adding This In Your Signature
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Yeah the Virtual Gravity is probably going to be the ball I end up going with. I was going to get a Resurgence, but after watching a couple of'em wear out completely in a few series I'm gonna go with a more durable, and frankly better quality ball. Huzzah storm.

Good decision on passing up the Resurgence. I have a friend who had one, and within 30 games it was completely dead. Sucks up oil like no other.
    Glenn Cox
    Style: Cranker
    Average: 215, High Game: 300 (2), High Series: 772
    Arsenal: Cell (2), Black Widow Bite, No Mercy Beat'n, Cherry Vibe, Anger, Link, Black Widow Solid

Show Your Bowling Love By Adding This In Your Signature
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 3

I bought a virtual gravity this afternoon, and let me tell you, that ball is a monster.
    Wouldn't you know I had the misfortune of getting a pair of dry lanes when I threw the first 3 games with it, I need some oil to see what the ball can really do. But so far, I'm impressed with it's ability to come back, no matter how far out I throw.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Before buying another ball look at adjusting the surface of your venom first. Also How are your balls layed out now?
    And your style. If you get another ball you want to have the right layout to get the reaction you want.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I'm a right handed stroker. When the lanes dry out I take the Venom over the 2nd arrow and is usually destroys the pocket from there. Otherwise I approach from the center and hit the third arrow and I can still hit the pocket fantastically there. My problem is just the length of the ball its built to be super long and I don't want to lose that on the medium lanes. I just need a ball for heavy oil so I won't hit low as often (if ever, I've thrown a cell pearl and a gravity shift on soaked lanes and drilled the pocket), and leave that accursed ten pin. I average about 190 on a sport shot so its not like my game's hurting, I just need to take it up to that next level, ya know?
    High Game: 266, High Series: 734 (248, 238, 248)
    Avg Ball Speed: about 16-17 mph, Right Handed, 6'6", Stroker-Tweener

Chats: 3

I practiced on heavy oil with my virtual gravity today and shot 202,217,246.
    The guy in the pro shop drilled it with a #2 layout for tournament shots, I'm loving that ball, it's awesome.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast