Thread: Looking for Feedback on the Brunswick Gold Rhino Pro

Default Looking for Feedback on the Brunswick Gold Rhino Pro

When I was a kid I wanted the original Brunswick Gold Rhino Pro but it
    Never happened. I was told by my dad and my coach that it wasn’t the right ball for my game. Then I took an extended break from bowling only to
    Come back to the sport just after the re-release of the vintage Gold Rhino Pro Ball several years ago. This morning I was bowling at a local house which I never frequent and the pro-shop has some leftover old new stock Gold Rhino Pro balls. I would have bought one right then and there as an impulse buy but no one was there that could help me. Now that I have time on my hands, what’s the scoop on this ball, Is it a good ball?

Or being a 3 or 4 year old model is it way behind the times in terms or technology and performance?

Just looked at Bowling This Month's website to see about this ball. The RG is 2.52" which is on the lower end and the differential is 0.048" which I think is in the medium to high end. The coverstock is a reactive pearl and it says the finish is 500 grit SiaAir plus Royal Compound. So it's polished up over a pretty rough surface. The testers took the shiny surface off and used a 4000 grit pad to it to work better for all the testers (i.e., Stroker, Tweener and Cranker).
    Apparently this ball is just okay for medium, dry and sport conditioned lanes. Not designed for oily lanes.
    The highest ratings that this ball got was a 7 out of 10. This means that this is not a hook monster and doesn't end up on the high end of any category.
    This ball will clear the heads well and will be decent for medium to dry lanes. You should be able to use it for making your spares as well.
    You'll likely not get a great reaction like the balls several years ago may have is my guess. It'll be a very controllable ball though.
    Hope this helps...
    Last edited by djp1080; 05-20-2018 at 09:14 PM.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Is this the same specs as the Rhino Pearl Black? I just got one of those a few months ago to use for spares (mainly 7's (I'm a lefty)). It has a very slight hook but not much. Mine is OOB. I have thrown it a few times as a strike ball when my main ball just wouldn't work. It does ok but if you are a hook bowler this probably isn't going to be your strike ball unless your lanes are extremely dry.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Chats: 32

Different specs boatman. it's a pretty good ball don't be afraid to change the surface on it though. It tends to be over/under with the out of the box finish for a lot of bolwers but hitting it with somewhere between 2k and 4k tends to fix that problem.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone