Thread: Hello Again

Default Hello Again

Hi! It's been a while since I've posted here. I have been out of bowling for a long time. So much has happened since then. I had a shoulder issue that caused me to stop, then a partial facial paralysis that prevents me from opening my eyes, and a painful nerve condition in my knee that made walking difficult. I also got a divorce, but not before my ex-wife made me get rid of my bowling equipment.

Now I'm back home in Milwaukee, my shoulder and knee have been taken care of, and I made an attachment for my glasses to hold my eyes open. I signed up for the Summer Bowling pass so I can bowl 3 games per day all summer. I have gone twice so far this week and will be heading to the lanes later today.

I used a house ball on Monday and Wednesday, but I bought a plastic ball that I'm going to use today. So far I have just been trying to get my body to do what I tell it to, and haven't been too worried about my score. That being said, I bowled 114-114-93 on Monday and 170-122-147 on Wednesday. I feel like I was getting more consistent and that will get even better now that I have a ball that fits my hand.

This summer is going to be all about regaining my form and hitting my spares. Later in the summer I'll pick up another ball, but for now I'm content with the TZone. I'm looking forward to bowling in a league in the fall.
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

You just made me feel better about my life. Thank you. Sometimes we complain over nothing when it could be a lot more challenging.

The best of luck to you. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Hang in there....it will get better. I admire your drive and will to press forward in spite of the challenges put in front of you. Good Luck.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

keep at it consistency goes a long way. enter the ball giveaway each week and maybe you won't have to purchase your new ball.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Thanks everybody! I rolled the TZone yesterday and was quite pleased. The lanes were dry enough that I was able to get a bit of a hook with it. When I hit my mark it was 10 in the pit. Unfortunately, that was only 4 times in 3 games. My hand and arm were far less fatigued, so that's good. I have all summer to get my consistency back.
    -Dave

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Welcome Back!!

Quote Originally Posted by manke View Post
    Welcome Back!!
    Thanks!
    -Dave