Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phonetek?

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Outerlimits View Post
    Flying sucks......but flying into Ft. Meyers Airport is about as easy as it gets, if that's where you landed. Sure you were rushed I am 30 miles from Naples, would have bought the first round. Lol. Most all the bowling allies in SW Fl are owned by HeadPinz. I think he has 7 in the area. Keep in touch, next time you are in the area, let me know.
    Had I known I would have got your number. It was an unplanned rather spur of the moment trip I was conned into. I'm glad I went. The itinerary was pretty full though, no time to just chill we were on the go the entire time. I think I got 6 hours of sleep in 3 days. I had to find someone to cover my Sat morning shift and we were closed yesterday. When I came in we landed at Ft. Meyers but to get a flight out I had to go to Orlando, long freakin drive. I won't be going back down for a while at least as far as I think. With him, who knows I could end up back there this weekend. LOL Next time I'll give you a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Good to know. Figured something was up since you haven't been on here. Thought maybe you won the powerball and said screw those guys....lol
    Nah, I wouldn't do that. You aren't getting rid of me that easy. That said, in the summer I do tend to spend far less time on the computer. In part because the kids are off school so they snarf my laptop from me. I don't get mad because it keeps them quiet and every parent likes quiet since it tends to be rare with 3 kids. Plus it's just nice outside so I try to enjoy it. Lastly, since I can't bowl right now I'm at a loss of what bowling topic to discuss. I mean I could always talk about the constant flow of idiots that come to bowl with their "Groupons". They always seem to be a source of non-stop entertainment and face palms.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Probably would have been quicker to drive to Ft. Lauderdale and catch your flight than Orlando.....usually cheaper too. Folks routinely drive to Ft. Lauderdale from this area, about a 2 hr drive. They normally save money even after a rental car. Ft Meyers is expensive to fly into, but convenient. Naples is a straight shot across Alligator Ally, (Rt 75) from Ft. Lauderdale if you have to visit again.

Ringer

very glad your back and ok. there is a closed down Kmart by my house, maybe I can hope for a new center there but will probably just be another big box store.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Quote Originally Posted by Outerlimits View Post
    Probably would have been quicker to drive to Ft. Lauderdale and catch your flight than Orlando.....usually cheaper too. Folks routinely drive to Ft. Lauderdale from this area, about a 2 hr drive. They normally save money even after a rental car. Ft Meyers is expensive to fly into, but convenient. Naples is a straight shot across Alligator Ally, (Rt 75) from Ft. Lauderdale if you have to visit again.
    My friend was in charge of all this stuff, he's the businessman who flies all over the place. He took care of all the flight arrangements, I didn't have to pay anything for anything while I was down there including the flights. I went out of Orlando because he had something he had to do there so it worked out for him. This isn't the only project he's working on, he has a lot of irons in the fire. I don't know how he keeps track of it all. He's always been like that, doing 100 things at once. I don't know how he does it. For 25+ years I said it would catch up with him someday, somehow it hasn't happened yet.

I didn't use a rental car while I was there, I got to use his 2017 Corvette to cruise around in. Definitely a sweet ride, has some damage on it from the hurricane that hit not long ago from flying debris. Nothing serious, just a lot of scratches and a missing emblem from the rear. Felt like I was on the ground driving since I am used to driving my Tahoe. I haven't drove a stick in 15 years, I'm happy to say I didn't kill it once nor burn the clutch at all which is more than I can say for my poor Firebird when I was 17. Tires on the other hand, um....well you know I had to do it at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    very glad your back and ok.
    Thank you guys, I have to admit I didn't expect all the concern from my absence on the board. I didn't realize it wouldn't go unnoticed. I can see I definitely have friends here. I'm sure as the bowling center project moves forward I'll have questions or things to post about since I've never been involved in such a thing before. At this point it's all about getting permits, licenses and all the financial stuff in place. None of which involve me. That's all bean counters and boring legal things. Once all that's done then we should get a date when we break ground which I assume will take some time. That will be when the fun begins. Again, I appreciate that many of you were were concerned about my well being. I apologize for causing concern. I assure you, if something were to happen to me my wife would come on here and let you know. She knows all about this site and others I belong to.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 05-30-2018 at 02:34 PM.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Heh funny, I just flew down a few weeks ago, to help my dad out, and I hate flying as well. Ft Myers airport has come a LONG way from when I lived there. The whole area is changing constantly.

Glad you enjoyed your visit. And yeah, I wasn’t kidding about “Beverly Hills”. There is a LOT of money to be made there.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    Heh funny, I just flew down a few weeks ago, to help my dad out, and I hate flying as well. Ft Myers airport has come a LONG way from when I lived there. The whole area is changing constantly.

Glad you enjoyed your visit. And yeah, I wasn’t kidding about “Beverly Hills”. There is a LOT of money to be made there.
    Hopefully when all this happens that holds true, I'm not going down there planning on failure. Actually I'm not planning on anything just yet, far too early for that. Heck, I didn't even plan the trip I took. I literally found out I was going the day I went. Wifey knew for over a week, she had my bag packed before I even knew about it! That's the second time she's done that to me, she thinks it's funny! Why I aughta! BANG...ZOOM! To the moon Alice!
    Bowling Center Manager

You can usually fly really cheap with Allegiant into Punta Gorda. Captiva Island is my favorite.

I know I've all but disappeared again. A lot going on. Not so much with Florida right now, that's moving forward but nothing that requires me at this time. I've been working a ton of hours lately. Today (Father's Day) is the second day in two weeks I've had off. Wife has had back issues, the titanium rods in her back shifted. She's having trouble walking and it just locks up on her causing her not to be able to move for a few minutes each time. After a visit to the ER, primary care doc, pain clinic and finally her nero in the past week they have determined she need surgery again. In addition she has severe spinal stenosis which is a degenerative disease and scoliosis which is curvature of her spine. She's done working likely for good.

Given that, we've lost those paychecks she was getting which were over double mine. I went to my boss and told him I'd have to get a second job. They don't want to lose me and I'm happy there, instead they made me full time and then some. I'm spending more time with the mechanic now. The other day I had to remove/rebuild/ install a ball lift and Tues we are rebuilding a pit. On top of all of that I've been trying to get our two family vehicles back up to par. Couple weeks ago wifey had a tie rod break in two while driving so I had to fix that and the other side was shot as well. The upper and lower ball joints, control arm bushings, and sway bar links were all toast too. Thank god I can do this stuff myself and for Amazon getting parts 1/3 of the price that Autozone sells them for. Hers needs a lot of work still but now it's safe at least. Mine is a much shorter list, just a bunch of dumb stuff that's nothing I can't handle. See why I can't stop using my bad hand though?

Well folks, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my one day off. To all the other dads out there Happy Father's Day. Enjoy and be safe!
    Bowling Center Manager

Happy Father's Day Phonetek.
    Good to hear from you.
    Very sorry to hear about your wife though.
    We're going to be taking a trip out to the East Coast a little later this summer and just had the repair shop take a look at some things on my car. My dad was an auto mechanic for many years, but I guess I decided when I was a kid that I didn't want to have so much grease and dirt on me for a vocation. So I went into electronics instead. Besides the normal checks ended up getting new rotors and pads for the front and shocks & struts. Car rides like never before. I love it.
    Best of luck my man!

High Roller

Man life throws us some curve sometimes but resiliency pays off. I know all about resiliency. Good luck and keep your chin up. Hopefully all goes well with her treatment and she gets back on her feet in no time!
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast