Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Teammates are great but I'm letting them down

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Made bigger strides tonight...literally....lol. Tried a few things that weren't working then the 4th frame of game 1 moved back about 18" on the approach and took longer strides. Felt much better. Didn't bowl great. Spares were still a struggle. Had 7 strikes in game 3 and still only had a 172 (no spares). Teammates were on fire until game 3. Series were 611, 672, 579, 582 and me at a 543. Our whole team struggled in game 3. We were about 100 under our average that game. First game scratch was 1044, game 2 was 1075 and game 3 was 868.

Another thing I did tonight was used the Kingpin for every shot. No jumping back and forth between the 2 balls.

Anyway, felt much better with the new approach so hopefully I can get back to where I used to be.

Oh, teammate ordered a new DV8 Pitbull tonight (he has a 200 average) He has a bunch of older DV8's now. Another teammate has a Nasty Rumor (has a 201 average). Not sure what the others are using.

EDIT:
    Just looked at the updated standings and we are back in 1st place by 2 pts. We have the highest scratch pin count in our division and the 5th highest overall (16 teams). We have the 2nd highest handicap pin total overall (highest is only 17 pins ahead of us (30803 to their 30820)
    Last edited by boatman37; 10-24-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

High Roller

Big setback in game 1 but much better in the last 2 games. Hit the pocket pretty consistently the last 2 games but couldn't carry strikes. Only had 9 strikes all night and really struggled with spares again the first game but figured it out. Had a 138, 185, 181 (504). Struggled with tugging the ball the first game. Switched to the BWG the 2nd game cause I left the 7, 7, and 4-7 the first 3 frames in game 2 on good pocket hits. Moved in to the 2nd arrow for 4 or 5 frames but I have no room for error when I throw 2nd arrow. If I miss outside it goes straight and inside it goes brooklyn. If I hit perfect it smashes the pins but I'm not that accurate.

First game we struggled. All 5 of us were under our average and lost by about 150 (we were giving them 105). 2nd game we bowled a little above our average but they were on fire and won by about 55. We won game 3 by about 95. They were about 20 over their average in game 1 while we were about 130 under our average. Game 2 they were about 100 over their average and we were about 30 over our average. Game 3 they were about 15 under their average and we were about 60 over ours.

My first game I really struggled with my follow through and kept pulling the ball and hitting high. I have been struggling with this on my spares too no matter which pin it is. If I could fix that I would be a different bowler.

Team averages now:
    172.17 (me)

On another note I picked up 3000 and 4000 CTD pads and will try a 4000 on my Kingpin tomorrow. I hit the Black Widow Gold with the 2000 a few weeks back and it made big difference. Much stronger hook now. Made me afraid to use the 2000 on the Kingpin but now that I have the 3000 and 4000 I will try that. I know that is much smoother than OOB but the 2000 really strengthened the BWG by about 3 boards. I really don't want the Kingpin to be 3 boards stronger.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote :
    Moved in to the 2nd arrow for 4 or 5 frames but I have no room for error when I throw 2nd arrow. If I miss outside it goes straight and inside it goes brooklyn. If I hit perfect it smashes the pins but I'm not that accurate.

Sound like you and I are in the same boat boatman....lol

Out side 10 is out of bounds for me, inside brooklyn every time. I can be accurate but on our condition i can only use urethane as reactive only slide past the break point. with the urethane then i get carry down and start leaving the 10 pin. No room for error at all. It is very frustrating for me. in the 1990's on easy house shot i could average 276, on the first PBA patterns that came out I still could average 225, on tougher shots like US open I could still average in the 190's...

Now here i sit in 2018 and struggle to average 190 on a so called house shot....Very very frustrating when i know what i once was able to do, now it seems i am lost and must start all over and re-learn how to bowl.

I am glad to see you are experimenting with abralon pads, they are a must for me. If i did not adjust the surface, my ball would never hook these days the way our lanes are being oiled.

Due to what I stated above, i also feel that i let my team down. I have been seriously thinking about quitting, i never ever thought i would say this!!! But when the lanes get to where i can no longer hook the ball, then I will hang it up for good!!!!!

It seems history repeats itself, as the old guys who once made money bowling had to give it up as they could not adjust to the new oil/lane machine's and bowling balls!! Now here in 2018 I find myself in there situation and i am sure when these guys read this they will be like....HECK YEAH!!!! HAHAHAAAaaaaa.....But guess what, All they accomplished was doing the same to us as what was done to them.

What i mean by the above statement is that i have read what the old timers have been fussing about over the last 30 plus years or so, i now see how they felt, and as wrong as it was for it to happen to them it is also wrong for it to happen to us.

Where is bowling headed???? If it is going back to ancient times where the ball does not hook then I will go back to drag racing!!!!!! Yes sir %100

The almighty hook ball was what made me excited about bowling!!!!! Take that away and make bowling about throwing a straight ball then i will not waste another penny investing into this sport!!

I would rather go back to drag racing where I can have fun!!!!
    Last edited by TTREX; 10-31-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TTREX View Post
    Quote :
    in the 1990's on easy house shot i could average 276, on the first PBA patterns that came out I still could average 225, on tougher shots like US open I could still average in the 190's...
    You averaged a 276 on a house shot? Must not have been a sanctioned league
    http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....rdsScoring.pdf

you are correct, it was a fun league not sanctioned. The oil pattern was the old 40ft Christmas tree, and it was a blast.

And by the way I would not be afraid to take on Jeff Carter, that would be a great challenge!!!

Put down a shot like the days of old where it allows for skid hook and roll, no over under bs....bring it on baby!!!

I actually had a non-sanctioned 900 on that oil pattern, in a for fun doubles event non-sanctioned...but i admit that was only one time and i got lucky
    Last edited by TTREX; 10-31-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Those days mentioned above are long gone!!! Those centers owners have all passed away, some closed down, ..what is left is owned by an entertainment chain.

So bowling for me is about over i guess, i hate to say that, but like Jeff Retired, I also am thinking about retiring and hanging it up....

When you take the fun out of it then why continue??

A person like me does not care to resort to sandbagging or shooting 160 games, oh hell naw I will hang it up and go back to drag racing
    Last edited by TTREX; 10-31-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Pin Crusher

Are you from North Korea? Have you ever had 18 hole in ones?

QUOTE: Are you from North Korea? Have you ever had 18 hole in ones?

The answer is no, but a place where i once worked had a day where we played games to win prizes. One game was Golf, where you take a putter and put the ball down and then hit the ball up the ramp and try to get it into the hole on the upper level, and yes first ball i got hole in one and won the first place prize which was a nice wrist watch

Do i play golf???? The answer is no, but i did play putt putt as a kid

Needless to say the boss's were pissed off just as if they were USBC and thought that it was a hard game...lol

And yes I wore the wrist watch proudly....lol

But if USBC were in charge of Golf they would want to put the hole on the moon and the golfer on planet earth, and when the golfer could not get the ball into the hole on the moon, then the USBC would then say....See we told you it was a hard game to play.

If USBC were in charge of Drag Racing they would want to extend the burnout box all way down track so the Drag tires would never be able to hook and roll or get traction, then when the race car driver cant get the race car to reach 200 mph then USBC would say...see we told you that you were not as good as you thought you were!!! Now that we slicked up the whole track you cannot run 200 mph so you are a bad driver!!!

Yes that is how dumb they are and how they think

Truth 100%
    Last edited by TTREX; 10-31-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Pin Crusher

I think I like you. Most on here seem to have a stick up their A$$.
    "THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH"
    Now look up the difference between their and there.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast