Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The future of my bowling is uncertain

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Become a lefty.

I had to do that for a while before I stopped bowling. I had some kind of shoulder issue that was very painful and I couldn't raise it. I bowled lefty (just open bowling, no leagues) and I averaged about 120. The footwork was the hardest part for me. Funny thing about the shoulder was that it cleared up when I had some steroid treatment for a different issue. Now I'm bowling righty again.
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

Pin Crusher

How are you at poker?

Chats: 2

I had some neck/shoulder issues going on toward the end of the season (january is when they started). I lasted all the way through when I bowled state at the end of April and then decided it was time to take a break and figure out what is going on. I had been seeing a chiropractor as well as getting massages on a regular and nothing seemed to be helping the shooting pain any time I'd turn my head (pain all the way to the finger tips on my left hand). My chiropractor also does acupuncture and suggested maybe try that, as the root cause of the issue was a bulged disc between my C5 and C6. I am now 4 sessions in and I've never felt better. He said sometimes, when all else seems like its not working, sometimes jabbing a needle in it does the trick lol. I still haven't thrown a ball yet as I have 1 more session and then a re-evaluation. Being that it is summer and I'm a pretty busy guy (full time job and announce dirt track races at 2 separate tracks), I usually stop in about april and pick it up again in july. So, we will see how things go next week for my last appointment and re-evaluation and then try to strengthen everything back up. When this all happened back in January, I lost a full mph on my ball speed.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Maybe carpal tunnel? I've got no idea man, but I have varicose veins and my veins pop out on my hands, arms, legs, everywhere. Never had them hurt though. If you have diabetes it could be diabetic nerve pain, so that might be something to look into.

Chats: 55

Look into a good acupuncturist or better yet, an Eastern medicine doctor - they do acupuncture and herbal treatment. This could be due to stagnant blood flow and a few treatments may be all you need. Worth a try while you wait for your July appointment.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Wow so many replies since I've been around. Definitely a lot of good ideas. I don't really have any updates except it's gotten worse. I'm having trouble bending my fingers now, their range of motion is about half compared to my left hand. I can't make a fist. I'm trying to not use my hand but unfortunately with all that's going on it's hard not to. As far as doctors go, I still have the appointment in July. I also have one Tuesday with the original guy, apparently my complaint to my insurance company made the doctor have second thoughts and now he wants to see me. I've logged all my symptoms, maybe knowing what's all went on he may come up with something. It's worth a shot.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 32

good luck bud hope they come up with a solution
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12