Thread: J Anderson's Summer Challenge league scores

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Default J Anderson's Summer Challenge league scores

Monday was the first night of Buddies Summer Challenge league. Format is singles, scratch, 4 bowlers to a pair, a set of two games against one bowler, then everyone shifts lanes and a second set of two games against some one else. Pattern didn't have a name but was 45' long.

First set: 169, 137, Won the 1st game, lost the 2nd and wood by 5 pins. If I had kicked myself for all the easy spares I missed this set, I wouldn't be able to sit down for a week.

Second set: 178, 192, Won both. Only opens were splits.

I feel lucky to have gotten as many points as I did. My first opponent, Cole, is a 20 year old product of our youth league who bowls sport patterns year round and just happens to work at the alley. In the second set I faced one of our current youth league bowlers, who is probably the best high school girl in the program.
    John

Bowling Guru

Did not bowl on 6/11/18.
    Third week 6/18/18: Bowled on the 41' Viper pattern.
    1st set: 185, 169, good for two points.
    2nd set: 155, 128, Good only for realizing that something was terribly wrong with my spare shooting, particularly any pins left up on the left side of the pin deck
    John

Bowling Guru

6/25/18 2nd week on the 41' Viper pattern

1st set: 133, 172
    2nd set: 176, 164

Spare shooting was a bit better, at least after the first game.
    John

Bowling Guru

7/2/18 1st and only week on USBC Queens pattern, 38'

1st set: 184, 143
    2nd set:161, 163

First set was a position round. I was lucky to take 5 points as my opponent only shot 139 the first game, and despite starting off hot, finished the second game at 177.

Second set was against my friend and fellow coach, Andy. He rolled an almost clean 191 while I had to throw a strike in the ninth and two in the tenth to hit 160. The next game I was much better at keeping it near the pocket, and Andy started leaving big splits and chopping non-split multi-pin leaves and we tied for wood.

Headed off to the alley later to work on spares!
    John

Bowling Guru

7/9/18 1st week on a 39' pattern, if it has a name we were not told. rumor has it that it's a PWBA pattern.

1st Set: 156, 176
    2nd Set: 210, 179

The 210 was clean despite leaving the 5-6 in the tenth.

7/16/18 2nd week on the 39' pattern

1st Set: 176, 159
    2nd Set: 178, 182

Won three out of four, Still need to work on spares. Corner pins were fine, still missing one or two easy spares each game.
    John

Chats: 0

You seem to be doing well John. Nothing wrong with winning 3 out of 4 even if your spare game is off. You get on top of that then you're a cinch for 4 out of 4.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Bowling Guru

7/23/18 First week of three on a 36' pattern

1st set: don't have the exact scores be cause I didn't grab a copy of the recap 12?, 14?

2nd set: 154, 168

Oddly enough the 140 something was enough to win that game. Kid I was bowling went spare, gutter, 7out, double gutter, big split open to end the game.
    Felt off balance through the first set.
    John