Thread: Question about playing these lanes

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default Question about playing these lanes

On my weekly league so far this summer I am finding there is so much oil between the first and second arrow. I can throw my hook straight up 7 or 8 as if it was a short pattern. Taking the angle out of the shot has made it easy for me to avg 230 thefirst game. I was previously a 190 avg bowlerand improving. But this spot seems to dry up even as a lefty as my 2nd and 3rd games are much lower and then I start moving around but where is the oil going..my revs are too much to throw straight down 10. Do ijust move far in andd go back to an angled hook for the rest of the night? I am confused.

Chats: 32

Going back to the angled shot is the most likely answer. Experiment with it but when the ball starts showing even small signs of the pattern breaking down make a 2-1 move if that's not enough try 4-2 then continue making 2-1 moves as it progresses
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Bowler

Thanks. I am definitely waiting too long to move because I don't want to. Last week I went from a 236 to a 158,150..

Chats: 32

lol it happens the solution is to realize it and make changes
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Bowler

Throwing too many warm ups could also contribute

Play the inside. It's a scary thought but it works. You see the pros, roll it over 20, breaks at or around 15, and comes in just enough to smash the pocket. Sometimes that's all you can do.

How many lefties do you see rolling it over 20?

Bowler

At my other alley I throw it over the 3rd arrow out to the 10 board. And with a different ball.