Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DNA Test

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default DNA Test

Anyone on here take a DNA test? I found it to be very interesting. You might find a long lost cousin or even and accidental sibling or child....

Yes, I have. It was pretty cool to get some insights into my heritage.

I really want to do it but haven't yet.

Having been adopted at birth, I was able to find my birth Mother. I also found that I have an Uncle and a whole slew of cousins, as well as a half brother and a half sister. Unfortunately, when I contacted my "mother," she hung up on me. When I wrote her a letter, she wrote back telling me some half-truths about my health history so that I wouldn't find out about my brother and sister. I found out anyway. While my mother and sister don't want anything to do with me (like it's my fault that she got pregnant at 18!), I've gotten quite close to some of my cousins, and I talk to my brother weekly. While we have not met yet, he is planning a trip in the next couple of months that will bring him through Vegas.

In terms of my background, it could not have been more different than my adopted life. I was raised in a Jewish household, while my birth mother is 100% Italian Catholic. No wonder I love pasta so much!

Pin Crusher

That is a touching story Rob. I am sure there are many more like you. The more people who have it checked the more possibilities there are. For under $100 and a little spit well worth it.

Pin Crusher

Afraid to. Already know I'm Irish. Not sure I wanna know how much.....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Never gotten one done but I plan on getting a test at some point in my life. Rumor around my family is that I'm a little bit Dutch, which would explain my fascination for bowling.

I never did the DNA test thing. I'm pretty aware of my family tree, at this point most of the branches have died off with the exception of the new branch with my kids and some dangling leaves of a couple cousins. That said, I was contacted by a woman on FB who shares my exact last name which is somewhat unusual since there are many different spellings. We've grown quite close over the past few years.

Although we aren't directly related, we both feel there has to be some sort of relation in some way. Her and I are WAY too similar in countless ways not to be related. We also share similar physical traits to the point people would easily think we are related if we were standing next to each other. She's from AZ and I'm from IL and neither have family in each other's states. We've considered the DNA test but instead we settled on me calling her "Sis" and her calling me her big brother since I'm a bit older than her.

Nonetheless, she did come up and stay with me for a week a year ago and we had a great time trading family stories. She may or may not be actually related but I'd do anything for her that I would do if she were my real sister. She'd also do the same for me. My wife and kids all love her too and out of respect they call her Aunt. I guess you never know.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

yes I would like to some day. I don't know much about my mothers biological mother. on a side note my father in law did it and found out he was not Hispanic like he always assumed all of the years. instead native american, Greek, Italian mostly.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Pin Crusher

My grand daughters husband and his sister had it done and found out that they had different fathers. Oops

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast