Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brunswick Sync

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Thanks very informative.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by watertank View Post
    They have it at our house. Pretty nice stats. Speed, which as mentioned is off a little. True speed seems to be angle related, good ol’ straight balls are probably pretty accurate, but driving angles at the pocket…not so much. It does seem consistent though.

You can email yourself the scoresheet.
    Setup pin locations, very nice for practicing. You can select how many cycles you would like of that particular leave. I haven’t figured out if the is a randomize leave, that would be really nice.

A good graphic screen for strike/spare percentages.

It’s nice, just have to play with it a little.
    That seems to have some nice features. I like that you can program the cycles for a leave. I wonder if our Quibca does that? I was nosing around in it one day and it has a ridiculous amount of features, most of which nobody knows how to use. I know it has a feature where you could share your scores on Facebook but we don't have it hooked up to the internet to do it. It also has a feature where you can take photos with a webcam at the counter and when a person comes up to bowl it shows their photo on their turn. You COULD do it for all bowlers if you were so inclined. We only use it for little kids birthday parties.

Personally I could do without all the animations and the "How to pick up this spare" crap. Both can be disabled but it has to be done manually and again after that bowler leaves. Most of the stuff is cute and all but I believe in "KISS" (Keep It Simple Stupid).

As far as the ball speed indicators....they would possibly be more accurate if the distance between the two lasers was shorter. Since they are both mounted on the circuit board you can't move them. Plus if they were any closer it may break both beams too quickly, there has to be some gap. I can't remember the distance between the two but it isn't much but enough to make a difference on an angular roll. Who knows, their is probably some engineer working on it as we speak making a better mouse trap for that very purpose. Then again, maybe not. Face it, knowing EXACTS on ball speed isn't really that detrimental anyway. Even a pro isn't gonna say "The next ball has to be .1 MPH faster so I don't leave that 9 pin"

Question for you two guys...When you go to cosmic, do you have black lights by the pindeck instead of white bulbs? We do but I find when we use them that the scoring cameras hate them and will put up inaccurate scores. I know it's an issue with the brightness of the cameras, it has to be adjusted just right. Which tends to be a pain to adjust because one person has to adjust it manually on the lane and the other has to be at the camera looking at the monitor. There isn't a way to hook a laptop to it by the lane so you have to be on the phone with each other or yell across the house. Just curious.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12