Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brunswick Sync

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default Brunswick Sync

Do any of you have the Brunswick Sync system in your local center.
    We are getting it installed this week, it may already be done.

What are the good and bad things about it. I have heard some good things about stats. That you can get all kinds of stuff emailed to you etc.

League bowling or Tournament only. I don't care about what it does for open bowlers.

Pin Crusher

No one answered so I looked it up and found out it is really new.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Yep I guess nobody has it that posts on here, I've never seen it around here.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 55

We got new scoring at both the Brunswick houses I bowl in, but the personnel can't even figure out how to operate the basics. Not sure if it's the Sync system but it gives stats and etc at end of game, series - not sure about the email stuff and I seriously doubt any of them have figured that one out. I can try and ask when the most intelligent person is working but I haven't seen him much lately.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Pin Crusher

There are a group of us old tired seniors who bowl on Monday at noon. Last week there were 8 of us. Big pots of $1.50 for high game and High card hand. Also High spade and low heart. The price is right and it is fun.

What I noticed is that they eliminated the Marks usually on the bottom of the telescore. It also shows your ball speed after each shot. They still had 3 tech's there helping with the operation of the stuff. How to enter names, change scores etc. Seems simpler than the old Brunswick we had. It is HD and the screen is really much better even with the same old monitors. Didn't get into too much of the technical stuff. If I learn anything new I will post it.

Happy 4th of July and be careful with the fire works. Hard to get fingers in the ball without fingers.

Sounds a lot like the Cubica AMF system we have. Ball speed, different theme backgrounds, silly animations and a whole bunch of other useless fluff. On the upside you can calibrate the scorer's from the counter with a few clicks. Plus you can click on a persons name if you want bumpers to come up for them and hit a checkbox and done. Also, you can reset or cycle a pinsetter without having to walk down to the lane to do it. For leagues you can load the team lists, averages and handicaps on the correct lanes all at once in seconds. That said, gimme a paper score sheet or the transparencies with a white pencil for a telescore and I'm a happy guy LOL
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Pin Crusher

"For leagues you can load the team lists, averages and handicaps on the correct lanes all at once in seconds. That said, gimme a paper score sheet or the transparencies with a white pencil for a telescore and I'm a happy guy LOL"

This has been a norm for years. It was in use in the 80's and maybe before that. Also you can have my paper or plastic score sheets. In league they were nothing but a head ache.

One of the bowlers told me he was 16 mph at the other center and only 12 on our new one. ??

The MPH should only be used as an estimate. There really is no way to calibrate them besides making sure the lasers are lined up correctly. All it does is measure the time it takes for the ball to pass through both lasers. The phase your ball is in when it passes through (Sliding, grabbing or rolling) and the angle all create a variable. The distance at which the lasers are also makes a difference. I don't know if they are the same everywhere or not. Off the hand speed and at the pin speed are going to be different with the at the pins speed being slower of course.
    The only way to test the real accuracy would be to use a radar for that purpose while E.A.R.L threw the ball to tell how accurate they really are. Humans sure can't throw it the EXACT same speed, the EXACT same way every time. A 4mph difference is significant though, I'm not sure what's up with that.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 32

There are a variety of measurement systems. some show the estimated speed as your ball nears the pits some centers add to it automatically to show an estimated off hand speed. it's not uncommon for their to be 2 to 3 mph differences in the speed shown here between centers
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

What is Bowling?

They have it at our house. Pretty nice stats. Speed, which as mentioned is off a little. True speed seems to be angle related, good ol’ straight balls are probably pretty accurate, but driving angles at the pocket…not so much. It does seem consistent though.

You can email yourself the scoresheet.
    Setup pin locations, very nice for practicing. You can select how many cycles you would like of that particular leave. I haven’t figured out if the is a randomize leave, that would be really nice.

A good graphic screen for strike/spare percentages.

It’s nice, just have to play with it a little.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast