Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dave's Scores

Wow, what a day! I bowled my 3 highest games of the summer, and my highest series in I don't know how long. I was hitting the pocket hard, picking up spares, and I tied my best with 5 strikes in a row. The first three were in the 10th of the first game, so it didn't help my score as much, but it was still 5 in a row.

I picked up 61% of my spares, including 73% of the makeable spares. I had 16 strikes and a first ball average of 9. This is the kind of bowling that I used to do. It's so good to be back.

-Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

Well, today sucked. I didn't even finish recording the scores. I could not find the pocket. My ball seemed to either roll out and miss right or snap and miss left. There was no in between. I tried moving inside, outside, more hook, less hook, the only thing I didn't try was straight. Maybe I should have tried that. Oh well, better luck next time.
    -Dave

Check your timing. That seems to be my cure-all when my game falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    Check your timing. That seems to be my cure-all when my game falls apart.
    I'll play closer attention to my timing. I was happy with everything that day except the final reaction. I was hitting my mark, the ball was breaking where I wanted it to, it just did not want to hit the pocket. It either rolled out or snapped past the pocket.
    -Dave

Had a great day today, very consistent and I was happy with my spare conversions. I quickly realized that I needed to move outside and I ended up going straight up the 2nd arrow most of the day. I had a great third game, staying clean until missing a bucket in the 6th.

Overall, I converted almost 60% of my spares, including 71% of single pin and 65% of makeable spares. I hope to go a couple more times this week as league starts next week. I will be at the meeting tomorrow, and hopefully one of the teams needs a bowler.

-Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12