Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave's Scores

Default Dave's Scores

I'm getting back into the game and will be joining a league in the fall. So this summer I got a summer pass and I'm going to try to go 3 times a week. For now, all I have is a plastic ball, but I'm getting a bit of hook on the dry lanes.

Yesterday was the first time that I felt right. I bowled a 131-118-134 series and I'm pretty happy with it. I need to work on my spare shooting, but that will come back. I was hitting my mark much more consistently which led to hitting the pocket more often.
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Where are you bowling in Milwaukee?
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Bowlero in Wauwatosa.
    -Dave

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

South side guy here. Both Classics, and the Arcade.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

I used to be a south sider as well. Root River Lanes was my house in high school. I remember when Olympic Lanes on 27th first got the automatic scoring machines.
    -Dave

I did ok today, other than leaving the head pin. On both balls. Nine times. I'm having trouble uploading images, but my BowlSK shows 3 times in each game where I left the head pin standing. I hang my head in shame and accept the flogging.

I bowled a 145-123-144-412. When I stopped bowling, I never would have considered this a successful series, but I'm happy with it today.
    -Dave

I had some major changes to my schedule when my professor changed a deadline from August 5 to July 22. We haven't even gotten to the material that will help us with the project and it was graded rather harshly. Oh well, enough ranting. I finally got back on the lanes today.

I still left the head pin standing in 6 of my 11 opens, but I did a better job on my other spares. I nailed every single 7 and 10 pin spares, though I missed a 4-7 and a 6-10 among others. I finished with a 180-126-159-465. I had my best game of the summer and my best series of the summer. I think I'm on track and will be ready for the fall leagues.
    -Dave

OK, I think I have the image thing down. Here are my last 2 sessions:

7/13/18

7/25/18
    -Dave

I went yesterday, but I focused on my spare shooting, so I'm not posting scores for that session. I was trying to pick up the 10 then 7 pins on each frame. I only guttered a couple of times, and I only knocked down more than 3 a handful of times. Fall leagues start up in about a month and I think I'll be ready to come out with a 160 average or so, as long as I can pick up my spares. Tomorrow I'm planning on rolling for score.
    -Dave

Man, these summer classes have been kicking my butt. I finally got back to the lanes yesterday. The first game felt so rusty, it felt like a lot more than a couple of weeks off. I didn't get a strike until the third game, but I did start picking up my spares a little bit better. I picked up about 41%, including 75% of single pin spares. I'm happy with that. For now.

-Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast