Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-racks for off spot pins....Does it REALLY fix it?

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Sounds like lazy mechanics then. If you keep telling the counter about the problem and they never fix it then it's time to slam them on Yelp, Google, FB or their own website. Bad reviews tend to motivate people if talking direct to them doesn't.
    I have talked to the the last two owners we've had and they just said they
    can not fix it without replacing the whole pinsetters and they didn't want to
    sink that kind of money into it.

Oh well what's a person to do but live with it or maybe drive close to 100 miles
    round trip to bowl at another center or just buy the place myself and fix them
    when it comes up for sale the next time if it ever does.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    I have talked to the the last two owners we've had and they just said they
    can not fix it without replacing the whole pinsetters and they didn't want to
    sink that kind of money into it.

Oh well what's a person to do but live with it or maybe drive close to 100 miles
    round trip to bowl at another center or just buy the place myself and fix them
    when it comes up for sale the next time if it ever does.
    Replace a whole pinsetter because they are off spot?!?! LMAO! That my friend was their way of saying "Get out of my face about this already, I'm not fixing it!" There are a bunch of parts they may have to throw at it because of wear. Even worn parts can be adjusted as long as they aren't broken. You can buy individual parts or sections of assemblies. If they bought just the table assembly with spotting cells and pin cups 99% of that would be fixed, that's hardly the entire unit. You can also buy used, refurb and aftermarket parts that are much more inexpensive that OE new in box. Yeah they may or may not be lower quality and won't last quite as long but work in a pinch. There would be no reason to ever have to buy an entirely new pinsetter though unless something catastrophic like a flood or fire happened.

If their pinsetters are truly in the bad of shape they have been seriously neglected to the extreme. I'm still pretty green with this pinsetter repair and no authority by any means but that situation is pretty clear that they have given up and waiting to go belly up. They sound cheap, lazy or both and don't seem to manage the business well. Then again, maybe they don't have a mechanic like the guy I work with? He'd either make them get some parts or walk out the door and say good luck. That's what he did to end up with us after 15yrs with the last place.

That place doesn't sound like they will be around much longer. You certainly seem more patient than most, many bowlers would have left. I stand by what I said before. Start slamming them online with reviews, they will either get off their butts or be boarding up the windows.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12