Thread: Groupons for bowling, do you use these?

Chats: 0

Default Groupons for bowling, do you use these?

I know there are other centers in our area that use Groupons to get people in to bowl like we do. We have two hour ones that come with a free pizza, pitcher of soda and free shoes and another that's just a straight up hour and free shoes. People seem to be going completely bonkers over these things. I don't know what it is but we have been crazy busy lately from open to close 7 days a week because of them. Truth be told with the summer prices of $2 a game and $2 shoe rental I don't see that they are saving much if not paying more for the Groupon. LOL Even the ones that come with a pizza, 80% of the time they end up ordering either another pizza or more food and more drinks then pay for additional time.

What's worse is some with the two hour ones come an hour before close. Unless were packed at close they don't get to use the second hour. So far I haven't had anyone who cared and used it for the one hour anyway. From a business standpoint it's great, we get a lot of people in the door that probably wouldn't have normally came. From a consumers standpoint it pays to call the center first to see what the prices are before buying them. From my standpoint as an employee it's great, constant flow of people so more tips and the time flies by. Right now we seem to be busier than before the leagues ended.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

I personally don't, but I know the alley (as well as others around) offer them, similar to yours. Anything to bring people in the door during the summer is probably a good thing.

Ringer

I have never been very impressed with the offers in my area. I like groupons and the really have some good deals though.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

My small town local alley closes in the summer. I went and bowled in St. Louis the other day at a Bowlero. Really nice place... and really expensive. It was almost $60 for the two of us to bowl 3 games each.

Quote Originally Posted by mx1alex View Post
    My small town local alley closes in the summer. I went and bowled in St. Louis the other day at a Bowlero. Really nice place... and really expensive. It was almost $60 for the two of us to bowl 3 games each.
    Yikes, Even on Fri & Sat our highest price is $5 a game and $7 more if you both rented shoes. For that price you could have bowled the 3 games and each had several of our $2 16oz Pabst Blue Ribbons or our $3 Specials. Man I gotta get some of you guys to come see me so I can give you the executive treatment.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)