Thread: Hello from Illinois

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Hello from Illinois

I recently returned to bowling after 15 years or so. I bowled as a kid, my family was on leagues so I practically grew up in the house I bowl at now. My dad was a PBA member in the early to mid 90's, had a lot of fun watching him in tournaments.

I started subbing on a Tuesday night league and my performance was lacking to say the least. I did some homework, picked up some new equipment, and have thrown somewhere around 350-400 games in the last three months working on the whole nine yards. It's amazing how much the technology has changed in 15 years. I'm happy with my progress so far, looking forward to continuing my journey and learning something new with every frame thrown.

I'm very happy I found this forum, seems like a wealth of knowledge and a great group of people.

Welcome!

Chats: 221

Welcoe back to the game
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Welcome back to the game. I'm from the NW suburbs as well and work at a local bowling center. Maybe we're pretty close in vicinity? If your close maybe you could come shoot some practice where I work on some old school wood lanes. =)
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

What is Bowling?

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Welcome back to the game. I'm from the NW suburbs as well and work at a local bowling center. Maybe we're pretty close in vicinity? If your close maybe you could come shoot some practice where I work on some old school wood lanes. =)
    I'd love to throw a few on some wood lanes. My local house is Stardust in Addison.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    I'd love to throw a few on some wood lanes. My local house is Stardust in Addison.
    I'd rather not post the name of my employment without permission so I'll PM you. I know where Stardust is and you are not far at all.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)