Thread: Picking glass out of a pin deck.

Chats: 0

Default Picking glass out of a pin deck.

Boy what a fun day I had today. Apparently last night during cosmic the white fluorescent tube somehow got nailed and exploded all over the pindeck. Somehow nobody noticed until they oiled the lanes last night before close when the oiler stopped because the cloth roll got shredded. It took me 4 hours just to pick all the glass out of the pindeck. We're going to have to replace it when they cut the lanes next month because it really gouged it up bad.
    That glass got EVERYWHERE. Besides the pin deck, the gutters, ball return, the carpet and under the machine. We are damn lucking it didn't damage the carpet (big wide belt on the rear of the pinsetter) because that's the one I just replaced a few weeks ago. Had to discard the ball wipe and vacuum and clean everything! I did manage to pick it all out of the pin deck though and there wasn't any in the wood of the lane that I could see. It took me another 3 hours to fix and clean the oiler. Boss is pissed that nobody noticed and they continued to bowl on it. I had my son with me and he cleaned all the house balls too since we didn't know which ones they use. Lucky nobody got glass in their hands. The bulb didn't fall, it just got hit somehow because part of it was still in the fixture. I have no idea how that even happened. Wow what a pain that was!
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Wow, that sounds like a fun time. It does suck that nobody noticed. I'm glad nothing got too badly damaged and nobody got hurt.
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone