Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That was unexpected

Chats: 0

Default That was unexpected

I was called into the office today by the general manager and manager, apparently I am getting promoted to Assistant Manager! We didn't really go into too many details of what comes with the title besides the title itself and a new name tag. I don't even know the pay bump as of yet as he hasn't discussed it with the corporate office. It will be official next month. I'm still the newest staff member there and some have been there for 4+ years as opposed to my only being there since Feb of this year. I'm not sure how some of them are going to react to it. It's not something I even showed any interest in. Apparently they are pleased with my work.

Funny thing they know I'll be leaving when the place in Florida gets done but that's going to be quite some time anyway. The bump in pay will be nice no matter how much it is. Every little bit helps.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

congrats on the promotion.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Great job, man. From your posts, and the attention you give to the job, I’d say it was inevitable. You’ve got a great work ethic.

Congrats!
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

x2 what Grumpy said. Congrats and well deserved!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    Great job, man. From your posts, and the attention you give to the job, I’d say it was inevitable. You’ve got a great work ethic.
    Thank you all, I appreciate it! Grumpy, I think it's more of a generational thing. The young ones just hitting the work place don't seem to have much if any work ethic from what I've see. They show up late, ask to leave early, never come in on days off if asked and they are ALWAYS on their freakin cell phones talking or texting! Plus they always have to be told what to do rather than just doing things on their own that they know is a part of their daily job. As far as competition was concerned, there really wasn't any in that regard. LOL Odd thing is, they are all so smart in so many other ways. It's ashamed they squander it because of what we were taught as the basics.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Congrats......you deserve it. Now about that thing in Fl......when you shooting to be open? Wanna come see you tending bar in a tie. lol Again.....congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerlimits View Post
    Congrats......you deserve it. Now about that thing in Fl......when you shooting to be open? Wanna come see you tending bar in a tie. lol Again.....congrats.
    Thanks again. Projected time is about a year and a half, mainly due to licenses. Liquor license is complicated in Naples as they only give out so many. It's literally a waiting list. You have to wait for some to lose theirs or go out of business before they issue the next one. They absolutely will NOT open without one.

BTW, I happen to look damn good in a tie. LOL I don't wear the old fart cheesy ones. I have some pretty nice and in style ties. I've been looking at one that looks like a bowling pin. NOT! Given the type of place Naples is I would think a tie would probably be appropriate.
    Bowling Center Manager

High Roller

Awesome! So will you be doing the Tom Cruise 'Cocktail' thing?
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Awesome! So will you be doing the Tom Cruise 'Cocktail' thing?
    All jokes aside, if I could do that then I'd definitely make real money. Stupid stuff like that would bring in business and make big tips. I'm not that coordinated even with two good hands. I'd get fired from dropping too many bottles no doubt about it. Besides, that movie is outdated enough to where the current 21'ers would probably have not seen that movie and be super impressed with the gimmick of it. Not many of that generation is well informed. I had a Weird Al song play at work today and the young employee had no clue who Weird Al was.
    Bowling Center Manager

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast