Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your goals before fall 2018 starts....have you met them??

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Getting better. 2 weeks with the new ball and my average with it is 194.50. Average is up 7 pins since then. Getting better with my spares but still room for improvement. Really struggling with corner pins on both sides.
    Perfect solution....stop leaving them! LOL Seriously though, it sounds like you need some practice sessions dedicated to ONLY 7 and 10 pins. Do the good ol "Low Ball Game". Onlookers will think your just a terrible bowler but they don't know what your up to. =)
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Perfect solution....stop leaving them! LOL Seriously though, it sounds like you need some practice sessions dedicated to ONLY 7 and 10 pins. Do the good ol "Low Ball Game". Onlookers will think your just a terrible bowler but they don't know what your up to. =)
    I did that a few months back...lol. I have always went cross alley for both the 7 and 10 but now it feels so awkward going for the 7. I seem really off balance and just off kilter or something. I notice I don't follow through either. I have been thinking about moving closer to center and throwing out closer to the 10 board for my 7's? That way I'm not reaching out so far left? The 10's aren't as awkward but still struggle. Thinking maybe try to take more of a straight approach?
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

My goal was to try and get some lessons but I can't get the dang coach I found to respond to me! Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by mx1alex View Post
    My goal was to try and get some lessons but I can't get the dang coach I found to respond to me! Very frustrating.
    Sounds like maybe you dodged a bullet with that coach then. If they can't take the time to pick up the phone or respond to an email then they obviously don't take it very seriously. I don't care how busy they are, it takes 5 minutes and everyone can find 5 minutes! Personally I'd find 5 minutes and leave a negative review, it may motivate them to contact you then. You can always change it if they do and if they have a good reason. If not then the review stands.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

My goal for 2018 is to average 210 or more after averaging 207 for my first full season after over a decade off and recent 2 hip replacements. I have been starting to practice the last couple of weeks and am still getting stronger. My last full season before my layoff was 2000-2001 season when I averaged 216 and I think the lanes were harder. I am still struggling with ball motion which costs me in the carry department. I just want to feel competitive and have fun. I proved to myself last year I can still keep up with the younger guys in the league {I am 61). Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Quote Originally Posted by SRB57 View Post
    My goal for 2018 is to average 210 or more after averaging 207 for my first full season after over a decade off and recent 2 hip replacements. I have been starting to practice the last couple of weeks and am still getting stronger. My last full season before my layoff was 2000-2001 season when I averaged 216 and I think the lanes were harder. I am still struggling with ball motion which costs me in the carry department. I just want to feel competitive and have fun. I proved to myself last year I can still keep up with the younger guys in the league {I am 61). Steve
    You're the real deal Steve. That's a true example of dedication. I like your style. I'd enjoy bowling with a guy like you.
    Bowling Center Manager

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123