Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your goals before fall 2018 starts....have you met them??

Chats: 0

I fell a little short on my goals this year. I've added a lot to my arsenal but struggled to really know half my equipment. I set out to shoot 3 300s I had 2. Finally get a 800 and I thing my high set was 780 this year. How ever I bowled in 4 tournaments and almost won one. Which my goal was to bowl in 3. I fell short at Nationals and failed to beat last years scores. Not discouraged though. Hope to fine tune my game set similar goals. And get back at it. The 800 is still #1 on my list.

High Roller

Well I had a goal of getting a new boat. Almost there. Sold our old one and have a contract on the next one. Oh crap...wrong forum...lol.

On a bowling note, when I posted here last week I had just come off one of my worst weeks this summer. Picked up a new ball last week that rolls more like how my old ball did 15 years ago. Had a 195 average last week with it so definitely a move in the right direction.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Cranker

I didn't really have any goals this summer except maybe work on my spare shooting. I think I have my 10 pin issue I had last league season ironed out. I'll still miss the occasional one but I actually feel confident now where I was just lost this past season.

I initially didn't want to join any summer league because I had a couple of vacation planned but my vacations are done with and conveniently someone asked me to sub for their team the rest of the season because a guy had to drop out. It's only a 6 team league and I replaced a 140 avg bowler and the team was in last place with only 8 points and it was week 7, last week. I didn't bowl great, only 147, 175 and a 214 but we took 5 points and almost had all 7 points. Their anchor threw a clutch strike in the 10th to double and the other team won that game by 4 points.

So while I said, I didn't bowl great, the guys on the team bowled better and I think having a better bowler the team now helped them relax and they didn't have as much pressure.

I think my goals last year were a 220 avg, 90% single pin conversions, a 300, and an 800.

I hit the first 2 (220.25 and a 91%), but didn't get a 300/800.

This year, my goal is to get back to multiple leagues, maintain my average/conversion %, and get AN honor score.

Interesting thread! I like reading about someone else's goals so I can see if mine are out of whack or not. I retired a couple years ago and was determined to get back into bowling after a 20 yr. hiatus. I have been working very hard daily on every facet of the game as if I were completely new to it. I felt this was the way to go as I don't think my 60 yr. old body can perform like it did 30 or 40 yrs ago so a new to me delivery, grip, etc. was in order. It's been slow, painful and frustrating at times but the light at the end of the tunnel gets a bit brighter all the time.

My goal was to have a decent average with an easy physical style that I could maintain with arthritis, tendonitis, etc. on multiple leagues. Been on a fun senior league all summer as a test and it has gone well. Carrying around 170 avg. and it's creeping up. Soreness isn't terrible. Two more leagues I'm signed up for start next month so we shall see then if I can do my best with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tired View Post
    Interesting thread! I like reading about someone else's goals so I can see if mine are out of whack or not. I retired a couple years ago and was determined to get back into bowling after a 20 yr. hiatus. I have been working very hard daily on every facet of the game as if I were completely new to it. I felt this was the way to go as I don't think my 60 yr. old body can perform like it did 30 or 40 yrs ago so a new to me delivery, grip, etc. was in order. It's been slow, painful and frustrating at times but the light at the end of the tunnel gets a bit brighter all the time.

My goal was to have a decent average with an easy physical style that I could maintain with arthritis, tendonitis, etc. on multiple leagues. Been on a fun senior league all summer as a test and it has gone well. Carrying around 170 avg. and it's creeping up. Soreness isn't terrible. Two more leagues I'm signed up for start next month so we shall see then if I can do my best with a smile.
    You're not over the hill just yet, you have quite a ways to go. I have a pair of 85+yr old twin gentleman who consistently average 185 on Sundays but never break 200 for some reason. They bowl 6 games every week. They have more of a problem getting up and down the 26 stairs we have from the entrance to the lanes. They tell me that they have been bowling here for over 20 years and have only missed 8 Sundays in all that time and I believe them. If they could pull that off I have plenty of confidence in your abilities.

Just for the record, if I'm working and see them on camera coming in I always go up and take their bags down for them and carry them up when they leave. Unfortunately my counterparts don't extend that courtesy when I'm not there.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Just for the record, if I'm working and see them on camera coming in I always go up and take their bags down for them and carry them up when they leave. Unfortunately my counterparts don't extend that courtesy when I'm not there.
    Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Tired View Post
    Good job!
    LOL Thank you. It's nothing, it's just nice to be nice. I always seem to click well with the seniors men and women and always have for some reason. They never give me any grief. Only problem is they always try to stuff money in my pockets for doing stuff like that. I'll take tips at the bar for pouring drinks but for carrying their bag, getting them a cup of ice water or giving them a bowling tip or two? I won't have it! It's my pleasure. Okay so back to the goals. LOL
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

We have a guy in our fall league that looks to be in his 70's and he averages around 190's. Nice slow ball but consistently hits the pocket and nails his spares. I thought maybe my physical issues were limiting my 49 yo body but after seeing him I have no excuses
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

High Roller

Getting better. 2 weeks with the new ball and my average with it is 194.50. Average is up 7 pins since then. Getting better with my spares but still room for improvement. Really struggling with corner pins on both sides.
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast