Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lane Masters and Lord Field

SandBagger
    Chats: 2

Default Lane Masters and Lord Field

I recently started rolling with Lane Masters and Lord Field equipment. Two companies which I thought had gone under but to my surprise they had not! I remembered throwing the Lane Masters Black Pearl when I was a Junior and really liking it. Tossed a couple 300's with it. Fast forward 12 years and they are still around. So far I've thrown the Big Kahuna Tribal and Congo, Pandemic Zombie and Buzz Attack Stinger. I've thrown a few others but these are by far some of my favorites so far. I've noticed since I have started throwing their stuff that there are some pretty strong opinions about the balls being terrible which I just don't understand.

Whats your opinion of the there equipment? Have you thrown any of there stuff recently? Likes? Dislikes?
    Arsenal: Buzz attack Stinger, Bloody Cross Royal, Big Kahuna Congo, Big Kahuna Tribal, Morpheus Dream, Graffiti, YOLO, YOLO Pearl

One question: With Storm, EBI, Brunswick, and Motiv around, why would anyone want to try balls that a lot of people think are garbage?

SandBagger
    Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    One question: With Storm, EBI, Brunswick, and Motiv around, why would anyone want to try balls that a lot of people think are garbage?
    You say it like there are not droves of people who think that Hammer is crap or Storm is crap or Ebonite is crap etc etc... Ya?? Personally I think Columbia balls are, for the most part, expensive paper weights but there balls fit other people games better then it fits mine so they still get to make bowling balls. I had also thrown and liked their stuff previously, like i mentioned, so I took others feed back with a grain of salt. You can't really knock something until you try it.
    Arsenal: Buzz attack Stinger, Bloody Cross Royal, Big Kahuna Congo, Big Kahuna Tribal, Morpheus Dream, Graffiti, YOLO, YOLO Pearl

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I see a few people using Lane Master but I don't think I have ever heard or seen a Lord Field. Where are they from Europe or Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by edpup316 View Post
    You say it like there are not droves of people who think that Hammer is crap or Storm is crap or Ebonite is crap etc etc... Ya?? Personally I think Columbia balls are, for the most part, expensive paper weights but there balls fit other people games better then it fits mine so they still get to make bowling balls. I had also thrown and liked their stuff previously, like i mentioned, so I took others feed back with a grain of salt. You can't really knock something until you try it.
    The point is that Storm, EBI, Brunswick, and Motive are responsible for virtually all the well-known brands. If you don't like Columbia balls, there's a good chance that one of the other EBI brands makes balls that you like. Personally, I really like Storm balls, but have had very little success with Roto Grip balls. My guess is that Lord Field and Lane Masters don't do a whole lot of research to develop and improve their equipment. The four major manufacturers do research, and that research should result in improved bowling balls.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The point is that Storm, EBI, Brunswick, and Motive are responsible for virtually all the well-known brands. If you don't like Columbia balls, there's a good chance that one of the other EBI brands makes balls that you like. Personally, I really like Storm balls, but have had very little success with Roto Grip balls. My guess is that Lord Field and Lane Masters don't do a whole lot of research to develop and improve their equipment. The four major manufacturers do research, and that research should result in improved bowling balls.
    Historically, big corporations are best at incremental improvements, particularly in the area of cost reduction, and marketing. Real innovations tend to come from smaller independent companies that have no choice except to come up with something completely different. The newer companies like Storm and Motive are what's driving Ebonite and Brunswick to keep up with their research departments. That and the fact that so many bowlers have gotten the idea that a new ball fixes everything.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Historically, big corporations are best at incremental improvements, particularly in the area of cost reduction, and marketing. Real innovations tend to come from smaller independent companies that have no choice except to come up with something completely different. The newer companies like Storm and Motive are what's driving Ebonite and Brunswick to keep up with their research departments. That and the fact that so many bowlers have gotten the idea that a new ball fixes everything.
    True on all counts, but I cannot find any indication that either company is still actively producing bowling balls. Neither company has a web site, and the most current ball review that I saw was from 2015. The only reason that I can see for using either brand, is because they are less expensive... a real bad way to choose bowling balls.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Rob yes they are producing bowling balls Lordfield just had a new ball approved in May of this year the Blizzard Shock and several back in 2017. Lanemasters had several balls approved back in 2017 also.. The Legends by Lanemasters had new ones this year also the Athena and Morpheus Nightmare.

You find lordfield and lanemasters and Legends through California bowling llc mainly, A Korean company makes them.

Their basically a regional company, like Seismic you only see them in certain areas. As far as I've seen lordfield and lanemasters have a good product their just not well known.

Lanemasters:
    https://www.californiabowlingllc.com...ls/lanemasters

Lordfield:
    https://www.californiabowlingllc.com...alls/lordfield

Here is a video of a recent demo day

Published on Jan 1, 2018
    Footage from the California Bowling: Lane Masters and Lord Field Demo Day in York, PA. Balls to demo were Lord Field Blizzard Hellfire, Lane Masters Terminator Armageddon, and Blockbuster

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

The new Lane Masters Morpheus Nightmare.

Published on Jun 23, 2018
    The new Lane Masters Morpheus Nightmare. In this video you will also see me throw the Morpheus Dream and the Athena. Both the Nightmare and Athena have the same layout. The solid pocket shots with the Dream or Athena were either on a tighter line or more finger. If I didn't hit the extra fingers they would come in a little light. In each segment of clips I will first throw the Nightmare followed by the Dream and then the Athena. Enjoy and make sure to subscribe so you get updates when new videos come out.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

No opinion of their equipment, but I will probably never try them because of the MLM-type pyramid scheme structure of their "staffing".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast