Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowl or work?

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    I was afraid you’d say that. I was under the impression that my summer league had prizes, but now I’m not sure...
    Oh I would check with whomever is in charge of your league to answer that question, don't go by the example I posted about. Where I work as I've said many times, nobody is serious. I know my boss mentioned a while back he wanted to turn all the leagues into certified ones this coming fall which would change the dynamics. I'm not holding my breath though. Given our clientele I don't think he'd get much if any interest. Certification would mean higher fees for starters which would sour the milk for many.

Summer leagues at least from my experience past and present have never been serious nor had prize funds. We didn't have banquets or get trophies or anything. They were the equivalent of a work league like the one I was on at a factory I worked at many years ago. Just merely something to do for fun. I'm not at all implying that is the way it is where you bowl. Like I said, ask who's in charge of your league. They are all different.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    I was afraid you’d say that. I was under the impression that my summer league had prizes, but now I’m not sure...
    I just finished a summer league and it had prizes. So, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that yours does, as well.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by jaypeesmith View Post
    I just finished a summer league and it had prizes. So, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that yours does, as well.
    Not sure of the exact prizes or payouts for our summer league but a couple years ago my teammates won it and got $1500 ($500 each x 3 team members). But we have about 100 in this league and they are serious bowlers. We have a couple over 230 average and about 40 of them have over 200 averages. I am sitting at about 171 right now and I am 8th from the bottom....lol. Yeah, I really need to work on my spares!
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Pin Crusher

First thing first. You must consider how much you pay per week. The prize money comes out of what you pay so if you pay very little you probably won't get much. This is something you should find out before starting any league. Did they give each team a set of rules? Did they at least read the rules to you? If not you are open to what the rulers of the league decide to do. They could just keep the extra money and you can't say nothing. Too many of this kind of league are run by the house with people who don't know squat. You must ask questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12