Thread: Wide bowling shoes??

Chats: 0

Default Wide bowling shoes??

I was asked today by a customer about getting bowling shoes for wide feet. Since my feet aren't exactly wide I never gave it any thought. They aren't looking to spend a fortune on them. What brand would you recommend? I think the guy was a 16 or 17, some big ol clown shoe size. He's a nice guy and I'd like to help him out. I got his number in case I got an answer.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Linds typically makes the largest sizes and widest widths (think they do up to a 4E) but unfortunately, they do come at a hefty price compared to some of the others on the market. Something to keep in mind though!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

I have wide feet - only a size 12 though.

I’m pretty happy with my Dexter Turbo IIs, but they only go up to 13.

He should probably be shopping online for a EE size, tbh. Gonna be a tough find, in a pro shop.

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingBoards.com View Post
    Linds typically makes the largest sizes and widest widths (think they do up to a 4E) but unfortunately, they do come at a hefty price compared to some of the others on the market. Something to keep in mind though!
    Yeah I'm a Linds guy myself, I'll never buy anything else. That's IF I ever have to replace them. I posted them months ago. I bought them 25-30 years ago and I went over them with a fine tooth comb. A good cleaning, spit shine and polish and they are still like new and nearly perfect. True they are probably one of if not THE most expensive shoes but they are worth every penny. Given the size limitations in the other brands he may have to go this route.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    I have wide feet - only a size 12 though.

I’m pretty happy with my Dexter Turbo IIs, but they only go up to 13.

He should probably be shopping online for a EE size, tbh. Gonna be a tough find, in a pro shop.
    His main complaint was getting blisters on his pinky toe. Given the size of his feet and doing some research, he's either going to have to drop more money than he wants or get some thick socks.
    Bowling Center Manager

I've got Dexter 9's in size 15. I really like them but they are pricey as well. Large wide bowling shoes are a real pain to find, you generally don't find anything in the cheaper styles.