Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Championship pair

Chats: 0

Default Championship pair

My son has been watching a bunch of matches on youtube of the pro's. I notice some of the championship pairs look like they are stand alone lanes all by themselves. Is that the case or are they just covered up by bleachers, advertisements and camera gear?
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Pin Crusher

Where are the they? Taylor and Thunderbowl in Detroit area are regular lanes.

I didn't take note of the centers they were at unfortunately, these are older matches like 2011 and up. I've seen more than one that all you can see is a single pair of lanes and they seem isolated. I know that's one of the things we are considering doing in Florida. That hasn't been decided yet, nor have we determined if it will be a single pair or multiple. I know at the original Peterson Classic in Chicago they had a few pairs isolated away from the others in another room, I can't remember if it was 4, 6 or 8 lanes. I was just curious if that's common place now with the pro matches. I haven't watched them on TV in years.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

I have noticed the same thing a few times. We have a kid in our league that bowled in a tournament and ended up beating Pete Weber for the championship. He said you had to give courtesy to 2 lanes on each side. He said he hated it and wouldn't enter one again. With all that he said he only won $500...lol. It was some sort of tournament where Shayne won the amateur side and Weber won the pro side so they went head to head
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    My son has been watching a bunch of matches on youtube of the pro's. I notice some of the championship pairs look like they are stand alone lanes all by themselves. Is that the case or are they just covered up by bleachers, advertisements and camera gear?
    Some of the time the finals were held in an arena, with the PBA bringing in two pairs of lanes.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Some of the time the finals were held in an arena, with the PBA bringing in two pairs of lanes.

Ah that makes sense. I never thought of lanes being brought in. Wow, I wouldn't want to be the guys having to set those things up, that's gotta be a pain. It explains the lack of furniture and those little thrones the bowlers sit on. That would be so odd to bowl on!
    Bowling Center Manager

Pin Crusher

Does anyone remember the Women bowling out side in Reno? They had a sandstorm and the lanes were covered in sand. It was a real joke. At least I think it was women.

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Does anyone remember the Women bowling out side in Reno? They had a sandstorm and the lanes were covered in sand. It was a real joke. At least I think it was women.
    It was the women, but I also remember the men bowling outside - I think it was in Dallas. Don't remember the year or why, but it was interesting.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

I don't think I would enjoy bowling outside. Unless the weather was perfect and the sun was behind me. Then again, I'd be the guy to have a bird poop on me during a crucial point in the match as I throw.
    Bowling Center Manager

A few other times that come to mind are the finals of the villages senior tour events and the pba summer series team shootouts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast