Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally some answers!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    That's awesome news. Hopefully the doc has a permanent solution and this isn't an issue every again.

On a side note, I love vacu-grips. I developed a small knot on my middle finger and I asked my PSO about it and he recommended vacu-grips and what a difference. The fingers are so much more comfortable and you actually get a little more revs on the ball.
    I did have the vacu-grips put in. There is definitely a difference! A little more expensive than regular but worth it. I like how they gently suck around the fingers as opposed to jamming them in. (that sounds really bad but how else do I word it? LOL) I did get a callus that popped on the right of my middle finger looking at the top of my hand but I'm not sure if that's from the grips or the bazillion games I've bowled lately. No biggie though. I have definitely seen a significant rev increase, as I said before it's like it was in my 20's if not better. I feel like one of the big boys again. LOL I don't know if I can attribute that to the fact that my hand feels great, the weight drop to 15lbs or the vacu-grips. Likely the combo of all 3.

Oh this better be permanent, if not it's such a tease!
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

I'm glad you did not quit forever, i thought about quit N forever but decided not to as that is a very long time. So I will simply start over and learn how to bowl again now that the rules are changing

What is Bowling?

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I did have the vacu-grips put in. There is definitely a difference! A little more expensive than regular but worth it. I like how they gently suck around the fingers as opposed to jamming them in. (that sounds really bad but how else do I word it? LOL) I did get a callus that popped on the right of my middle finger looking at the top of my hand but I'm not sure if that's from the grips or the bazillion games I've bowled lately. No biggie though. I have definitely seen a significant rev increase, as I said before it's like it was in my 20's if not better. I feel like one of the big boys again. LOL I don't know if I can attribute that to the fact that my hand feels great, the weight drop to 15lbs or the vacu-grips. Likely the combo of all 3.

Oh this better be permanent, if not it's such a tease!
    I have seen a lot of post about finger inserts. Here is what I do.

Having the right feel when my fingers are in the ball is very critical to me. What I do to get the feel I want is when I have inserts put into my ball I have the Pro Shop only glue them in on thumbhole side of the grip. Then when my fingers feel too loose in the ball I will fold up strips of paper (usually the league standing sheet) and insert it between the unglued edge of the ball and the inserts. These SHIMS allow me to get the exact feel I am looking for. They don't come out unless I remove them. It is amazing the difference it makes to be able to get the exact feel I want.

This is my first post on this board. I hope this helps someone.

Lee
    Bowling for 60 years - former Georgia State Champ

I haven't bowled much as I was but the vacu-grips and not using lift grips anymore has helped dramatically. In concert with a daily regiment of Turmeric Root capsules or tea my hand pain is all but gone when bowling or otherwise. I only have a slight issue with my pointer finger now as I have lost some of it's range of motion. It's merely a slight annoyance and not enough to effect much as I have adapted to it. I'm sure if I did some hand exercises it would help.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12