Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Right ball for wacky condition??

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by nycawr View Post
    You’re right. But in addition to being a bowler, I’m a Broadway performer - and the Broadway Show League is at Frames, in Port Authority.
    There's a bowling league for the Broadway shows?!?! That's awesome.

I think all plastic balls are polished since they are meant to be spare balls. RobM has been using plastic as his main bowling ball recently, he can probably tell you what surface to put on it.

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

An area pro shop guy who drilled my 300T suggested the Hammer Black Widow. Thoughts?

Chats: 4

An area pro shop guy who drilled my 300T suggested the Hammer Black Widow. Thoughts?
    These bowling balls might just be what you're looking for or maybe not.

Hammer Widow Spare Orange/Black probably your best bet

Hammer Blue Hammer with a heavy coat of polish on it

Hammer Cherry Vibe not all that sure on this one though
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

If he is recommending a Hammer black widow urethane I would run as fast as I could, I currently throw one and on medium conditioned sport shots (42' being my most recent experience) the ball picks up early and continuous - I can only imagine how bad that would roll on the condition you are discussing. First off, I would make sure that the pro shop operator understands the condition you are bowling on (again, I just can't fathom how that would be the recommendation for the conditions you see). As others here are saying, your best bet is going to be plastic (maybe a Hammer Widow Spare since it will still have some mid lane read) or a very polished weak ball (such as a Storm Mix). Without seeing you bowl or experiencing for myself the condition I can't give the most informed opinion, but I think this board will get you in the right direction.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12