Thread: I'm glad we're closed for a few days. I need the rest!

Chats: 0

Default I'm glad we're closed for a few days. I need the rest!

I've been on the lanes everyday with my son for nearly a week. Now that my hand feels good we've been in double digits each, each day practicing.
    It's really helped my spare game more than anything.

We bowled yesterday until we closed early to get everything ready for the lanes cut. I didn't expect when I went there to bowl at 10 am that we would end up being there until 11pm prepping everything. The hardest thing was removing the flat gutters and lowering the pin decks. I never thought that would have been as difficult as it was. I got a few more cuts and knuckle busters than I would have prefered and couldn't straighten up after being curled in a ball wrenching for 6 straight hours. I'm so old! LOL I realize now I'm blessed having only a 12 lane house to deal with. I'm glad I conned the boss into getting us all of us pizzas. LOL

They came in to cut and sand lanes today. They replaced a few boards and sanded the approaches. I went and took some video which I have to edit and I'll post it up here if anyone is interested. Tomorrow they put the finish on, then they sit one more day untouched. I can't wait to see how they turn out, the color difference is gonna be unreal. They were so orange!

We go back Thursday to raise & level the pindecks, gap the table and respot all the pins. The other employees can put the ball returns back together. They should be able to handle that. Then the boss wants all the foul lights working so we have that too. It was nice being a lazy oaf today and I'll do the same until Thursday getting healed up. One day of hard work ahead then back on the lanes for more practice, practice, practice.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 4

You'll notice quite a bit more hook on the backends and possibly more
    overall hook with the fresh cut on the lanes.

I know back when we still had wood lanes and after a fresh cut my ball
    would more or less go crazy on the backends but I had a lot more hand
    and revs than I have now days. I guess that 600+ rev rate I had back in
    the day was what made it go so crazy on the fresh backends. LOL!!!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

The crew was doing a great job on those lanes I tell you. They were REALLY rough. Nothing done since 2014. I just went there to watch, wasn't on the clock or anything. Watching them replace a board was most interesting. They are good at their craft. I personally found the entire process fascinating. I'm thinking about going to see them do the finish on the lanes and approaches tomorrow but I think I'm just gonna relax instead.

I hope the back ends don't jump too much more. I only throw a polished black hammer up there and that's more than enough at that place. Since my hand hasn't hurt my rev rate is easily comparable to what it was in my 20's. I need to take another video to recalculate it. Unfortunately my speed is back up to around 19 mph again. The 15lb feels like nothing in my hand now like I can go slam dunk it. I feel like I new man I tell ya! A teeny more back end would be okay, little more entry angle for a urethane couldn't hurt.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

I forgot to mention. When they cut the lanes they had to take a whopping 1/4" off! Initially we thought 1/16". I know 1/4" don't seem like much but that's quite a chunk! Given the thickness of the remaining wood on top they estimate one more cut left in them at best or 3 resurfaces and they are reincarnated as workbenches & bar tops. That gives them 10 years tops. Since they took that much off, now we have to cut the strips under the flat gutters down to lower them enough, that aught to be fun.
    Bowling Center Manager