Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Approaches...

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

If you are sanding wood approaches you need to put "approach finish" on them after you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    If you are sanding wood approaches you need to put "approach finish" on them after you are done.
    Agreed but it seems someone failed to tell them to do that because they didn't. LOL With the black lights on I noticed some glue smears because the lit right up. I took some 0000 grit steel wool to remove them, they came right off and that part looked the same as the rest when I was done.

I'm more of a foot planter than a slider, only slide a little. In all honesty they aren't bad how they are. Some of our Sunday regs slide pretty far and they didn't say anything about it. In the end, it will probably end up wearing my rubber heels down faster though.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 2

I would rather have to change soles and heels to slide than what we have in a house 15 miles from me. They started buffing the lanes with duraslide when they opened the place 18 years ago and it's incredibly slick. Last time I bowled over there I used a 2 sole and 2 heel and still couldn't stop. I normally wear a 6 and 2 pretty much everywhere (I don't slide much and I like to stop). I remember when they held Wyoming High 5 there shortly after they opened and guys wanted to bowl in their golf shoes!
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Wow that’s slick. I use a 10 sole, 9 heel. Can’t slide at all in an 8. At least not then “microfiber” thing you get with new shoes.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    I would rather have to change soles and heels to slide than what we have in a house 15 miles from me. They started buffing the lanes with duraslide when they opened the place 18 years ago and it's incredibly slick. Last time I bowled over there I used a 2 sole and 2 heel and still couldn't stop. I normally wear a 6 and 2 pretty much everywhere (I don't slide much and I like to stop). I remember when they held Wyoming High 5 there shortly after they opened and guys wanted to bowl in their golf shoes!
    I bowl a Tournament in MS each year and they buff/wax the synthetic approaches each day. It’s literally like an ice rink. Last 2 year I wore rubber soles and was still a little slick. I finally asked the mechanic this year why they do that and his response from to keep them from getting worn out.

Pin Crusher

Sorry Rob but what is MS?

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Mississippi

Where I bowl the approaches are super tacky at the beginning of the season, and wear in as league goes on. Sliding comfortably takes about the first month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12