Thread: Signed up for 3 leagues today....

Chats: 0

Default Signed up for 3 leagues today....

I'm gonna be busy. I signed up for a Monday night Sport league at one center. A Sunday afternoon Sport league at another center. Both are some of the best money leagues in the area. Lastly the Thursday Night goof league where I work. I may not be done, my son wants to bowl on a adult/child league with me but that's spreading it pretty thin.

I really didn't want to commit to the Thursday night goof league at work but I was told I wasn't going to work it so I might as well join. My boss thinks I need a fun night where I don't have to bowl serious and enjoy a night out with the guys. I told him I'd rather work it because it was good tip money but according to him that's nowhere near the best tipping league, he's gonna have me work that one instead.

Besides I had the guy they refer to as "Polish Mike" begging me to bowl with him. How could I say no to Polish Mike? I don't have to bowl well on it, as long as I strike on beer frame I'll be fine. It's not certified so I don't want to do too well. Either way, bowling at work I probably couldn't concentrate much anyway. I bet anything that I'll be clearing out of ranges and fetching balls among other things, even when I'm not on the clock I'm on the clock when I go there without it being on my timesheet.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

I signed up for two, plus putting my kid in a Saturday morning kids' league. One of the two is a couples league, which is the only reason I'm allowed to do it.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek
    but that's spreading it pretty thin
    I know what you mean way back in the late 80's to the late 90's
    I was usually always bowling on at least 4 to 7 leagues per week
    plus all of the practice games in between something like 60 games
    a week or more.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 204

Signed up for one...on a waiting list for a second. Might see about subbing in the 2nd league until a spot opens up.

Signed up for two. One is weekly. The other one is a bi-weekly league that I am doing with my wife.