Thread: A nice little gift out of the blue

Chats: 0

Default A nice little gift out of the blue

As you know last month they promoted me to Assistant Manager which came with a little pay bump. Apparently we made it threw the entire summer without one bad review on Groupon, Yelp and Google. That's not something that is easy to do. No matter how hard you try no matter what you **** someone off. The only 3 star was because our air conditioning sucks, still does. The majority of the 5 star reviews all mentioned how great the service was, how excellent the staff is and how clean the place was. Around a dozen I was told mentioned me specifically by name. I had no idea, I haven't looked at reviews in months. Recently someone who knows the owner, someone who rented the entire place for a party that I worked. They called the owner after the party and mentioned me directly to him which also made him look at the other reviews.

Today the GM called me in the office and told me not only about this but I guess he had a sit down with the head mechanic. The head mechanic told him that paying me to do mechanic work for the same pay as my other duties is not fair because I'm losing money by not getting tips. He gave him an appropriate number that he feels is fair given what I now know. He said I went above and beyond doing the pindecks and flat gutters last week among other things getting the place back into shape. So the GM gave me a nice pay bump for both the mechanic and for the Assistant Manager duties, mechanic being the higher of the two. This was totally unexpected, it wasn't even an employee review. I'm in shock. This job isn't even work because I enjoy it so much, it's nice to be appreciated. This is going to help my family soooo much!
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 4

Yea way to go!!!

It is nice to be recognized for your hard work
    and to reap the rewards for doing a good job
    at least you have a boss that appreciates what
    you're doing for the place and your hard work.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Actually it wasn't the GM's idea, he's a putz. LOL It was the owner and head mechanic. The owner I only met once, he's never around. I served him a pizza, he said "Hi, your hair is too long" and that was the last time I saw him. LOL I'm probably am due for another hair cut.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

Awesome! Last summer I got a phone call from my manager and got a really nice pay bump. I had asked for it quite awhile back because I felt I was underpaid but they came through for me and I was actually surprised. It really does feel good when hard work is recognized and appreciate it. Keep it up!!!!
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

To me it's just more proof how bowling has changed my life. A year ago I all but forgot about bowling and here it is my entire life. Crazy how things work out. I do have to say that I owe it all to my wife. She knows I can make more money being a phone tech, probably double or more but she knows that I wouldn't have been happy. She's supported me through it all, she deserves the credit or it wouldn't have been possible.
    Bowling Center Manager

You obviously work hard and care about both your center and the sport in general, it's nice to see you get rewarded for it.