Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I made a guys day today

Maybe not stand-up, but you could heckle the bowlers a little. Announce birthdays, bachelor parties, etc. make some jokes.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    Maybe not stand-up, but you could heckle the bowlers a little. Announce birthdays, bachelor parties, etc. make some jokes.

Oh sometimes I tend to heckle the bowlers a little, I've been known to do that. We were pretty crazy on the mic late last night. Someone played some really awful music on the jukebox. I got on there and said "Whoever played this sh** on the jukebox please come to the counter for your refund, I'm skipping it" Funny thing was, the guy came up with his head hanging and apologized and I gave him his money. LMAO We were all obnoxious last night.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    I took your advice. Last night I had a family in bowling who were a fabulous group to have there. One lady threw a strike and they cheered so loud that the entire place looked at them like "What the?" So I grabbed the mic and said " Man oh man what was that? I didn't get that excited when I got my first girlfriend. If everyone is wondering what all the commotion was about, the lady on lane 10 finally didn't throw a gutter ball for the first time....she got a 3... giver her a hand." They absolutely hit the floor laughing so hard, including that lady. The dad came up and said, "You gotta do more of that, that was great!" On the mic I said "You want more of that? Okay, I'll wait until it's your turn to go up and bowl" He asked in the mic "How long have you been a bartender?" I said "Since Feb of this year" He said "No I mean total" I said "Since Feb but I got all the experience I needed from my dad, he was quite a drinker. The last time I seen him he seen a sign that said "Drink Canada Dry" so he drove up there to do it and I haven't seen him since"

Everyone in the place had a great time, especially them. They were all so nice. In 2 hours they were there I made almost $80 in tips just from then alone. Everyone was all smiles and nothing but compliments. They were so nice I gave them an old bowling pin to take home. The all signed it and put the date on it and my name so they wouldn't forget that night. They said, "We will definitely be back here soon but only if you're working!" LOL Gotta love that stuff. Like I said, if you enjoy your job it's not work at all. So what do you think Grumpy, how did I do?
    Last edited by Phonetek; 08-20-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

I think you just found a way to make GM.

LOL I don't know about all that. I'm not sure what my GM would have though had he heard me do that. He don't have much of a sense of humor and he's terrible at it. He tried making jokes over the mic when the high school came in the other day and they all look at him like a dog staring into a ceiling fan (cue the crickets) I just looked away with a face palm. He's actually had Yelp reviews that specifically said that cranky old man needs to retire. LOL
    Bowling Center Manager

Sounds like opportunity to me.

He’s not going to object, if you bring in bowlers. Just don’t cross some racial or sexual line.

I think there are plenty of other ways to be funny without those kind of jokes. Racial jokes especially, major no-no. During actual stand up you can get a little on the pervy side or even late on a Friday or Saturday night provided it's only adults in the place. Why walk the line though and risk offending anyone. Like I said, lots of ways to keep it clean and make people laugh.
    Bowling Center Manager

Chats: 4

Sounds like a good time was had by all and that makes
    bowling quite a bit more fun that way.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12