Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Now I know why I fix my own vehicles

Chats: 0

On this truck Boatman, it's a type of flex steel line until it connects to regular metal fuel line. I just got the tank down, guess what I found?? NOT A BAD FUEL LINE!! The fuel line isn't attached to the freakin fuel pump!! That dumbass dealer screwed up the connector on the end of the line where it connects to the fuel pump so the pressure shot the line off. WTH!! Man oh man am I BOILING right now! Okay so I'm happy that the line is alright but seriously? Well, the line may have to be replaced anyway, I don't know if the connector is separate but I'll be dammed if I'm paying for it, guess who is?! I have to cool down before I call them. All this aggravation and inconvenience for the past week over this?!?! The least of what they owe me is the part to fix it and $65 in gas but they better throw in a full wash and wax and oil change. Sloppy, sloppy incompetent work to say the least. Man am I angry!
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    On this truck Boatman, it's a type of flex steel line until it connects to regular metal fuel line. I just got the tank down, guess what I found?? NOT A BAD FUEL LINE!! The fuel line isn't attached to the freakin fuel pump!! That dumbass dealer screwed up the connector on the end of the line where it connects to the fuel pump so the pressure shot the line off. WTH!! Man oh man am I BOILING right now! Okay so I'm happy that the line is alright but seriously? Well, the line may have to be replaced anyway, I don't know if the connector is separate but I'll be dammed if I'm paying for it, guess who is?! I have to cool down before I call them. All this aggravation and inconvenience for the past week over this?!?! The least of what they owe me is the part to fix it and $65 in gas but they better throw in a full wash and wax and oil change. Sloppy, sloppy incompetent work to say the least. Man am I angry!
    ugh. i'm with you there. i'd be fuming too. you sure you didn't go to the same dealer i had all the issues with? lol.

On another note, i just called the Dodge dealer today to get a quote on spark plug change in my 2013 Ram Hemi. it has 62,000 miles and still the original plugs. supposed to change them every 30,000...lol. My mileage dropped from about 16 in town to about 12 so figuring it has to be the plugs. also down on power a little. anyway, the hemi has 16 plugs and they are a real pain to change from what i hear. Quote was $320 parts and labor. But i certainly didn't call the same dealer I had the trouble with. This one is 15-20 miles away where the other one is 2 miles but worth the extra drive time.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

I was able to get the ol girl back on the road yesterday afternoon. Wow was it hard getting that tank back up by myself. I made sure while it was on the ground still to clean the fuel line connections, hook them up and start it to check for leaks. Not a drop! No hoses or lines were bad as I previously said. Then each step as I got the front of the tank up, started it and checked again and still no leaks. After I got it in place before I put the straps on I checked one more time, no leaks. Of course after it was secured checked one last time, no leaks.

I took photos of my findings before touching anything and I called the dealer. The guy I dealt with wasn't in on Saturday but I got a supervisor. I laid into him really good. I sent him the photos and told him sloppy shotty work like that was absolutely inexcusable and a disgrace. I asked him "Why do people take their vehicles to a dealer for repairs vs. a mom and pop shop?" He had no answer. I said "Because they expect the best top notch quality repairs!" My photo showed the connections weren't even cleaned before putting the line back on. I asked him "Is that top notch work?" I said "That is what you call someone charging the full hours according to the parts and time guide and rushing through a job to finish long before the stated time" He claims he will take my comments and photos to the higher up's Monday and they will do something for me. Funny thing is once he knew the problem he asked if I could have it towed to them on Monday so they could fix it. I laughed and said "You'e got to be fing kidding me! You seriously think I'm going to let you touch it again? LOL

Had I had it towed to them before I dropped the tank, I could bet my life that they would have found that fuel line was popped off of course. The phone call I would have gotten would have sounded like this. "Mr. Phonetek, we found the fuel leak and we have determined that all your fuel lines from the tank to the engine need to be replaced, and it will cost upwards of $1500. I could bet my life on it. There is no way they would have called me and said "Oh, the leak was a fuel line that came off because our mechanic didn't put it back on properly the last time it was here." NO WAY ON EARTH they would have said that. I'm sure they would have said the former not the ladder. I'm curious to hear what they will say tomorrow. I'm glad I got it back on the road at least. It was hell with one vehicle, especially for something like this.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

Glad you got it fixed. My wife said one of her students told her the other day he was going on co-op so she asked where he would be working. Wait for it....a mechanic at the local Dodge dealer I had all the problems with. He is 16! No wonder they have so many problems
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234