Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay...Update Me...What did the USBC do while I was away?

Chats: 204

Question Okay...Update Me...What did the USBC do while I was away?

I heard all kinda gripes and rumblings on Facebook about how the USBC was destroying bowling for everyone and the sky is falling. So...what happened? I heard something about cleaners on towels. I heard you now have to use every hole you drill? Anything else? Is that accurate? Thoughts?
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I heard all kinda gripes and rumblings on Facebook about how the USBC was destroying bowling for everyone and the sky is falling. So...what happened? I heard something about cleaners on towels. I heard you now have to use every hole you drill? Anything else? Is that accurate? Thoughts?
    Yes Aslan that is correct I can't remember if it took affect recently or not about the
    towel and cleaners but the 3oz side weight is in effect right now you have a choice
    of putting a weight hole in your ball or not but that is only until August 1st 2020 then
    there is no extra holes allowed in the ball if it can not be used on the delivery of
    the ball.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Here's the FAQ's on the new rule changes:

http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....018BTS-FAQ.pdf

For those who haven't seen it, This page has links to PDF's covering the all information related to the new usbc spec. changes.

main page:
    BOWLING TECHNOLOGY STUDY - CONCLUSION
    https://www.bowl.com/BowlingTechnologyStudy/

There are about 30 PDF's plus 6 videos.:

The conclusion of the research and for the specifications updates.
    http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....Conclusion.pdf

The news release announcing the new specifications for bowling balls.
    https://www.bowl.com/News/NewsDetail...id=23622331019

I suggest you start here the FAQ's:
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the new specifications.
    http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....018BTS-FAQ.pdf

The full Bowling Technology Study released in February 2018.
    http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn..../FullStudy.pdf

The recent research related to balance holes and static weights.
    http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....edResearch.pdf

the rest are about:

CORE TECHNOLOGY

Part 1: Differential RG Study
    Part 2: Differential RG Study- Retest
    Part 3: RG and Differential RG Study- Quantify Ball Motion Effects
    Part 4: RG and Differential RG Study- Bowler Properties
    Part 5: RG and Differential RG Study- Retest
    Part 6: RPM vs. Ball MOI- Bowlers Rotation Study
    Part 7: Adjusting RPM Rate Vs. Ball MOI
    Part 8: Vary RPM vs. Ball MOI on House Pattern
    Part 9: Summary of all Tests and Area at Pocket
    Part 10: Area at the Pins- Retest
    Part 11: Simulate League with E.A.R.L. on House Pattern
    Part 12: Comparing Different Weight Balls on House Pattern
    Part 13: Bowler Test Results
    Part 14: The Effects of Balance Holes
    Part 15: Side weight vs. large balance holes
    Part 16: Imbalance Effects with Fixed Pin Placement
    Part 17: Balance Hole vs. 3 oz. Static Weight in All Directions
    Part 18: 3 oz. Static Weight vs Balance Hole - Bowler #1
    Part 19: 3 oz. Static Weight vs Balance Hole - Bowler #2
    Part 20: Adjustable Static Weight Ball with E.A.R.L.

COVER TECHNOLOGY

Part 1: Initial Oil Absorption Test
    Part 2: Oil Analysis for Oil Absorption Test
    Part 3: Surface Roughness Effect on Oil Absorption
    Part 4: Oil Depletion Study vs. Ball Oil Absorption Rate
    Part 5: Repeatability of Oil Absorption in Same Location
    Part 6: Clean vs. Dirty Surface Preparation Water Effect on Oil Absorption
    Part 7: Five-Person Team League Simulation Study

INDEPENDENT SURVEY

An independent research company was engaged by USBC to conduct an independent, objective, and research-based analysis of the effects of technology in bowling with USBC members, pro shop operators and bowling proprietors.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

High Roller
    Chats: 0

I heard about it when I got the new Kingpin a few weeks ago. The PSO said I would actually be illegal that first week but legal after that since the new ball had just under 3oz. side weight. I have never had a balance hole in any of my balls so that was a non-issue for me but the PSO said he will be extremely busy July 2020 filling holes...lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

I see USBC's Ball regulation on Cover, and Side weight. My house changed the type of oil this summer and has been tweaking the pattern getting ready for the fall leagues. First couple of leagues had a ton of ball returns if that tells you anything. Seems they have that figured out now. When I asked them why the switch....the said USBC's new regulation. Told them all I saw was the lane certification for Topography and new installations. Did I miss something? Doesn't matter got to figure out the shot anyway, just didn't see anything about types of lane oil in the USBC's recommendation.

We no doubt need a regulating/governing body for our sport. The problem i see with the USBC is not many smart people on board.. meaning understanding the science of bowling. 2nd problem i see is that they are making progress understanding the science of bowling yet the problem is that they want to change things that they should never ever change!! ONCE THEY DO UNDERSTAND IT!!!!

For example they have been since 2005 regulated bowling ball porosity, then surface texture from the factory, now banning balance holes which are for simply fine tuning the ball reaction not only just for bringing static weights back to legality. Now that they know that someone who knows what they are doing can utilize balance hole placement to fine tune the ball reaction they now want to ban the use of it!!!

Simply put USBC are against high scoring, against anything that will allow high scoring and will do anything to stop high scoring!!!!

It is obvious that they.. due to there so called study..they see no problem with sandbagging.. as they say the higher average bowler has the advantage!! That is a pure lie when leagues these days are going 100% of 235 when no one in the league can average 235 except for one person who can only do it for a few weeks at most then struggles to average 199 first half of the next season.

USBC ..there goal is to prevent bowling balls from hooking and they are successful by eliminating porosity, regulating surface texture from the factory and making bowlers figure it out on there own, which most won't and they know it. Now they are banning balance holes, and stopping the use of cleaners and even rubbing alcohol that bowlers use to clean the dirt and grime and oil off there ball when comes back up the ball return saying that you can only clean the ball if it comes back with glue or belts marks on it , and it must be approved by the league secretary before you can clean that crap off of your ball which clearly affects the ball reaction.

In short they are delusional idiots who should never be in charge of bowling regulations when this is the type of regulations that they come up with!!!!!!!!

They think that straighter is greater and that is a lie and always has been!!!!!! They are trying to turn bowling into something that it has never been!!!!

The USBC is the new Cancer to bowling due to idiots in charge!!!!!!

Due to this type of nonsense most of our serious bowlers have quit, and the rest have conformed/converted/reverted to sandbagging because it is the only way to bowl in 2018!!

All thanks to your USBC and there ideology….

If they have there way, eventually bowling balls won't hook. They are doing everything they can to stop what a bowling ball is designed to do and what the bowler has learned to do with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will never regulate the oil and oil patterns, but by God they will regulate the bowling balls!!!!
    Last edited by TTREX; 10-26-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Bowling is doing fine considering their base is getting older. It will soon be phone bowling. Once someone figures out how to text bowl it is over.

Quote Originally Posted by TTREX View Post
    We no doubt need a regulating/governing body for our sport. The problem i see with the USBC is not many smart people on board.. meaning understanding the science of bowling. 2nd problem i see is that they are making progress understanding the science of bowling yet the problem is that they want to change things that they should never ever change!! ONCE THEY DO UNDERSTAND IT!!!!

For example they have been since 2005 regulated bowling ball porosity, then surface texture from the factory, now banning balance holes which are for simply fine tuning the ball reaction not only just for bringing static weights back to legality. Now that they know that someone who knows what they are doing can utilize balance hole placement to fine tune the ball reaction they now want to ban the use of it!!!

Simply put USBC are against high scoring, against anything that will allow high scoring and will do anything to stop high scoring!!!!

It is obvious that they.. due to there so called study..they see no problem with sandbagging.. as they say the higher average bowler has the advantage!! That is a pure lie when leagues these days are going 100% of 235 when no one in the league can average 235 except for one person who can only do it for a few weeks at most then struggles to average 199 first half of the next season.

USBC ..there goal is to prevent bowling balls from hooking and they are successful by eliminating porosity, regulating surface texture from the factory and making bowlers figure it out on there own, which most won't and they know it. Now they are banning balance holes, and stopping the use of cleaners and even rubbing alcohol that bowlers use to clean the dirt and grime and oil off there ball when comes back up the ball return saying that you can only clean the ball if it comes back with glue or belts marks on it , and it must be approved by the league secretary before you can clean that crap off of your ball which clearly affects the ball reaction.

In short they are delusional idiots who should never be in charge of bowling regulations when this is the type of regulations that they come up with!!!!!!!!

They think that straighter is greater and that is a lie and always has been!!!!!! They are trying to turn bowling into something that it has never been!!!!

The USBC is the new Cancer to bowling due to idiots in charge!!!!!!

Due to this type of nonsense most of our serious bowlers have quit, and the rest have conformed/converted/reverted to sandbagging because it is the only way to bowl in 2018!!

All thanks to your USBC and there ideology….

If they have there way, eventually bowling balls won't hook. They are doing everything they can to stop what a bowling ball is designed to do and what the bowler has learned to do with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will never regulate the oil and oil patterns, but by God they will regulate the bowling balls!!!!
    Best choice of a screen name ever!!! Is Mike White back???

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Bowling is doing fine considering their base is getting older. It will soon be phone bowling. Once someone figures out how to text bowl it is over.
    Sadly I do agree with you with how things are going, the way things are headed. Think about it....Back in the 80's game rooms, even games rooms in a bowling center made big bucks!!! But then when home consoles came out like Playstation & Nintindo & then sega genisis & then Xbox....What happened??? The game rooms died!!!!!! The bowling centers still try to make money with them but it will never make money like it did in the past!!!!!! So yeah I see this becoming reality!!!! All of our centers have converted to entertainment centers and they are not doing well!!! And the USBC they are blind as a bat thinking that making bowling balls hook less is the answer....smh
    Last edited by TTREX; 10-28-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Best choice of a screen name ever!!! Is Mike White back???
    I don't know Mike White, is he kin to Paul white?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast